Post Strikes.

Started by Raven, October 28, 2022, 07:03:12 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

They are on strike for half of next month. 3 days at a time. Getting a bit fed up with this. Rail workers said in todays papers that it will go on untill they get what they want.
Screenshot_20221025-165601.jpg

Cassandra

Perhaps lees relevant than it once was, Online trading, mostly courier delivered, Emails, texts whatsapp etc etc. are replacing the vital stranglehold these people once had over us. I hardly use US mail here at all, like most folk nowadays its far less indispensable than it once was?

I think like the Rail Workers they're a bit of a busted flush. The individuals must be solvent to afford half a month off with no pay? - or are they?

Perhaps its a race of personal liquidity v they're Communist Union leaders wrecking ball resolve? At the rate the workers are going behind in terms of lost pay they'll soon need a 26% pay rise to catch up!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Quote from: Cassandra on October 28, 2022, 09:07:32 PMin terms of lost pay they'll soon need a 26% pay rise to catch up!
It's an interesting calculation. A week out is 2%. Mind you it does reduce the tax bill a little so possibly a little less.

Postal strikes will put them out of business as does RM charging. More and more eBay sellers seem to be switching to couriers and Amazon who I don't think use them at all are on the up and up. 

1955vintage

There is little doubt that the Post Office is the only competitor for the NHS in a worse run organisation competition, and they attract the staff they deserve.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on October 28, 2022, 09:07:32 PMPerhaps lees relevant than it once was, Online trading, mostly courier delivered, Emails, texts whatsapp etc etc. are replacing the vital stranglehold these people once had over us. I hardly use US mail here at all, like most folk nowadays its far less indispensable than it once was?

I think like the Rail Workers they're a bit of a busted flush. The individuals must be solvent to afford half a month off with no pay? - or are they?
At the risk of sounding unfair, I'd be glad to see the railway workers lose their jobs due to customers taking their custom elsewhere.
The union leaders of course, having taken advantage of their members, will still be well-off!

Several other unions here are also jumping on the bandwagon, as they do.  I wish them an eventual unemployment too.

To be honest, though, I haven't noticed any lack of the usual mail deliveries.  Of course, we don't receive mail every day, so perhaps I have been missing some!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire