Morrison's Supermarket

Started by Diasi, September 25, 2022, 08:09:28 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Them there Americans might mock our quaint (weird) ways when paying our respects but they arrive in their thousands to look at our palaces.. villages.. shops.. restaurants and hotels..
 ... and they don't need to bring their guns with them. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

https://www.quora.com/I-am-going-to-the-UK-for-a-temporary-work-assignment-Can-I-bring-my-AR-15-for-protection

Q I am going to the UK for a temporary work assignment. Can I bring my AR-15 for protection?

One of many As
Of course you can, as an American you have the right to bear arms, this right is written into your constitution, therefore approved by God himself, just don't be surprised if ignorant UK customs officers are unaware of those rights, and confiscate your AR-15 and slap you in jail as a potential terrorist then deport you back to Gods own country.

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 25, 2022, 08:35:42 AMThem there Americans might mock our quaint (weird) ways when paying our respects but they arrive in their thousands to look at our palaces.. villages.. shops.. restaurants and hotels..
 ... and they don't need to bring their guns with them. !!
A fair point that's let down by the fact that the piss taker is British born.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

British born earning mega bucks in USA  !! ... He is paid to say all the right things...
A bit like that James Corbyn.. or whatever his name is.. Made millions saying all the right things.. 
Yet thinking about returning to England.. 

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on September 25, 2022, 09:47:14 AMA fair point that's let down by the fact that the piss taker is British born.
I was just responding to Scrumpy''s comment about bringing their guns and not making any point at all. It was just something I saw the other day which amused me and her comment reminded me of.

Ashy

FACT CHECKER (ME) REPORTS

In the article they mentioned what Morrisons did. They do that (reduce background noise) for one hour every afternoon, it's for customers who have special needs such as autism or social difficulties.

Heathrow Airport had to cancel a number of flights because the government imposed a no fly zone over west London as her majesty was driven from London to Windsor, and many flights had to be diverted. This ban included light aircraft and drones.

The advice to cyclists was a bit vague but probably related to the route of the processions where cycling would not be permitted any more than riding a horse or driving a truck.

Americans will laugh at anything if someone holds up a sign with "LAUGH" on it.

Scrumpy

Laughable really, seeing as Morrison's is owned by an American Company...  :grin: :grin:

Alex

This same thread was put on the Mother Ship, but I noticed nobody has responded over there - so far, but then the title was a bit misleading.  As we all know Diasi is anti monarchy, calls our late Queen 'Lizzie' and pounces on any derogatory snippets to share with what is mostly an uninterested audience.   

Ashy

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 25, 2022, 12:03:48 PMLaughable really, seeing as Morrison's is owned by an American Company...  :grin: :grin:
I didn't know that.

Alex

Morrisons is British owned as far as I know, but the Asda is American owned.

Alex

I had no idea Morrisons had gone too ! :wtf: