Ukraine.

Started by Scrumpy, February 14, 2022, 10:41:07 AM

« previous - next »

Jacqueline

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 27, 2022, 04:04:36 PM
Am I right in thinking that Churchill warned of  China in a speech he made after the end of the Second World War.. 'Look to the East'..

I think he did, he also said "we slaughtered the wrong pig" referring to Stalin after the war.

Scrumpy

I heard on the news that many of the Russian military thought they were on an exercise..
Ukraine do not hate Russia.. they hate Putin.. as do many Russians..
He was compared to Hitler when spoken about..
I think this MAD dictator will be stopped in his tracks at some point..
Some Russian vehicles have been left by the roadside because they have no PETROL..!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy

How I admire these people..
It's not how big the dog is.. It's the fight in the dog that counts..

Sheila

I don't know if it is true but one report said that the Russian soldiers needed food and were asking the Ukrainians!

Scrumpy

I think this (battle) will be the downfall of Putin.. The enemies  don't hate each other enough..

Michael Rolls

I certainly hope so
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

From what I read I predict that Putin's downfall could be be swift, as the Russian economy is in an uncontrolable downward spiral which is crippling the finances of the oligarchs that keep him in power.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

I hope your right. The man is seriously unhinged.  :no:

[automatically pruned due to age]

crabbyob

i doubt it very much if you think the very rich keep their cash as Roubles..
Putins billions will be in Dollars without a doubt, as will most of the megga rich...

klondike

I suspect Putin is more concerned with power than cash anyway. I have no idea how he retains it. I suspect the west in general don't either. Probably the most worrying thing for him so far is exclusion from the Eurovision song contest.

Time will tell.

crabbyob

i hear englebert refused his offer

Scrumpy

Forty miles of Russian military vehicles lined up on Ukraine boarder..
WOW.!!!  The mind boggles...

Alex

Yes and there's a vigil at the Town Hall tonight  :cool:  I maybe cynical - yes I am no maybe about it ,  BUT what good will a vigil do, or lighting of candles  ?  Will Mrs Shevchenko in Vasylkiv see or hear it? probably not...... :shh:

Michael Rolls

Never understood the concept - all it does is make the participants feel good about themselves - has bugger all effect
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Didn't some women get arrested or beaten up by police while on one for the victim of the rapist copper? Don't recall details.