Ukraine.

Started by Scrumpy, February 14, 2022, 10:41:07 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I doubt many Ukrainians would return if Russia takes part of their country..
And what will they return to...!!
Woman are leaving their husbands and sons behind..
children their granddads.. Men 18- 65 are not allowed to leave..
Many buildings will be destroyed..
So many will have no homes to return to..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I must admit that I thought it was all posturing with a chance that he may move on the regions who had already pretty much broken away from national contol. I'm guessing they must be places like Tower Hamlets and some northern cities but on the edge of the country rather than in the middle of civilisation.

Scrumpy

I just hope we don't get involved with military aid.. That would be very foolish..

klondike

We already have sent weapons. Some short range personal anti tank ones certainly. There was a picture somehere I saw which had been provided by the Russians of one they'd found unfired and abandonned.

Picture in the Express. It wasn't the one I saw.

Wiki picture of weapon

[automatically pruned due to age]

crabbyob

Scrumpy means boots on the round i think,
i hear this morning that they are calling for a Foreign Leigon, i think any captured by the Russians wont ever be heard of again...

klondike

I'm pretty sure that is ruled out. Rightly so. You don't want soldiers from two countries with nukes facing up. Putin might just be nutty enough to use some.

Scrumpy

I did mean 'boots on the ground'..
Poking our nose in gets us in bother..

I think they should have ONE battle field.. The leaders/heads of that country should lead  their (warriors) chosen from their parliament .. 50 a side..
and toss a coin for choosing which end of the field they stand..

That would solve all problems..

zoony

Mr Putin's a busted flush with or without China. Already a bloody nose and his troops don't seem to be very committed to the cause. China's nobody's fool and won't commit themselves to Russia in any way other than under the table. In my opinion.

klondike

Maybe our head of MI6 will give him a handbagging.  :grin:

Flying Bomb

He's put his nuclear system on special alert.
We should put our lunatic asylum on special alert too.

Scrumpy

Am I right in thinking that Churchill warned of  China in a speech he made after the end of the Second World War.. 'Look to the East'..

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Would he dare use nuclear weapons..!!
It seems to be getting bad..

zoony

I doubt very much that he'd be stupid enough to use nukes, even small ones. He already has the disapproval of most of the world's nations.