Ukraine.

Started by Scrumpy, February 14, 2022, 10:41:07 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Putin bothers me a lot, the man seems to be becoming unhinged more each day. :nooo: IMO he's been in power far too long, time he was removed. AND by removed, I mean any way any means.  :angry:

1955vintage

Boris is talking about sanctions on the banks. I think the Premier League should deduct 25 points from Chelsea. That would have more impact on the Russkies.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Diasi

In support of Putin half of the Ukraine population consider themselves Russian & want to be reunited with Russia & it's none of our godammned business.

He doesn't poke his nose into Ireland.

If I was Putin I'd cut off all gas to Europe & sit back & watch us all go bust or freeze.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

zoony

I just listened to a 45 minute 'news' broadcast and heard no news at all! The endless speculation about Russia/Ukraine isn't NEWS!! News is when something happens not weeks of pointless speculation as to whether it will or not..

Diasi

Quote from: zoony on February 22, 2022, 04:56:47 PM
I just listened to a 45 minute 'news' broadcast and heard no news at all! The endless speculation about Russia/Ukraine isn't NEWS!! News is when something happens not weeks of pointless speculation as to whether it will or not..

I totally agree.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

It's news now. Putin says Russia has carried out airstrikes against Ukrainian military installations and infrastructure. The Ukrainian president Zelensky has described the Russian action as a fully fledged invasion.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Yes Putin has started a war. No idea what this means for the rest of the world but it will mean the end of it for some Russians and Ukranians.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on February 24, 2022, 09:13:51 AM
Yes Putin has started a war. No idea what this means for the rest of the world but it will mean the end of it for some Russians and Ukranians.

It doesn't have to mean anything for the rest of the world, unless the rest of the world decides to make it mean something, like it did in 1939.
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

Will Europe Putin a really big boot on sanctions?
I doubt it.

crabbyob

the Germans are tied to that gas pipeline that Ukrain was siphoning, what might you have done?
and no i am certainly not pro Russia, but Ukraine is not held in high esteem by its neighbours...
when i started down the pit there were a few 'Poles and Ukrainians' and every Pole lothed the Ukrainians.

Raven

Why was that crabbyob?

GrannyMac

Megalomaniac.

[automatically pruned due to age]
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

crabbyob

well as one Pole explained it to me
when the Germans invaded the Ukrainians held their hands up "Kamerad, kamerad"
then when the Russians came, the same hands went up "Kamerad...Kamerad"
followed by a descriptive adjective.... from the Poles

Scrumpy

Vietnam war springs to mind..
I saw many young men queuing at Sydney airport waiting to go to battle in Vietnam.. A sight I will never forget..  Many didn't come back..
For what..!!!
Very sad.. but keep our nose out.. The worlds leaders seldom are the fighters..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..