Ukraine.

Started by Scrumpy, February 14, 2022, 10:41:07 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Quote from: klondike on February 20, 2022, 11:11:51 AM
Paraphrased from Stalin...

It doesn't matter who votes. What matters is who counts the votes.

I doubt anything has changed.

I'm sure Trump agrees.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Can't disagree with that...

Michael Rolls

The situation seems to have taken a turn for the worse. Putin has recognised as independent states two areas of eastern Ukraine, The self-declared people's republics of Donetsk and Luhansk are home to Russia-backed rebels who have been fighting Ukrainian forces since 2014, and in recent years Russia has apparently issued many Russian passports to ethnic Russians living the in the areas. The worry , because Putin has been talking about 'peacekeeping' operations, is that Russian troops will go in to 'protect Russian citizens' i.e., holders of Russian passports.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

People are nervous of Putin.. Those around him fear him..
The Russian people only hear what he wants them to listen to..
.. and I am wondering if he will be assassinated.. or do a runner.. Stranger things have happened..

Michael Rolls

according to the news, Putin has 'ordered troops into the two breakaway areas' - doesn't say if teh order has actually been carried out yet
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

crabbyob

to me its like ireland invading northern Ireland to protect its citizens....

Michael Rolls

reasonable analogy to my mind
Mike
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Scrumpy

He has had much work carried out on his face.. Maybe he is changing his profile..
We had someone from Russia trying to penetrate our forum a little while back didn't we.!!
You might laugh.. but... who knows.. !!

crabbyob

i imagine the Germans are very loose bowelled at the moment, i believe they get 100% of their gas from Russia... so how can they threaten them with anything... plus how can the most efficient country in the free world be so stupid to place ALL their dependency on one country, any country never mind Russia... i think Putin sees this as his Ace in the hole... if his hand goes anywhere near the tap then Germany will capitulate...

klondike

The German army wouldn't make a ha'porth of difference anyway. The Wehrmacht is no more.

crabbyob

Boris is not talking of sending in the Black Watch, he is threatening them with bank managers...

Alex

Putin reckons the west is destroying itself with "Woke" politics he's not wrong about that is he ?
I've read that Germany gets 40% of their gas from Russia, but now this morning they've put the Nord 2 project on ice indefinitely. Does that help Germany ? I dunno.
I know everyone else is against Russia, but sometimes I feel we've been brainwashed since children to fear the USSR and now Russia.  But what do I know  :grin: :grin: :grin: