Condensing Boiler

Started by Alex, October 17, 2022, 10:26:30 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I think that's what mine is...anyway, I've switched it on and there's a sound of trickling water coming from the boiler, the radiators are heating up ok.  Can anyone please tell me what it is ?

I sent an e-mail to the fella who installed and services the boiler for me and he replied this morning " Sorry I'm in Canada cruising at the moment "
These plumbers are well paid aren't they ?  :grin:  :grin:

klondike

A guess and a couple of quick and simple checks.

If you can hear the water moving there may be air in the system. Check the pressure gauge is in the green and let some water into the system if it isn't - if you don't know how try Google with your boiler type. Check if the rads need bleeding too - they will have a cold patch on the top if they do.

Another reason for noise with a combi is a blocked condensate pipe which is usually icing and usually stops it working too so unlikely.

Alex

I haven't got a combi boiler Klondy its a Baxi Solo HE.  Just had a look at the name on the paperwork and I've had it since August 2010 !  I didn't realise it was that old  :rolleyes:

Scrumpy

I have an old boiler.. and she is staying where she is.. She has never let me down.. I have her serviced every year..  If it isn't broken.. leave it be..
 Plumber in Canada.. !! Cruising.. !!
 A plumber was always known as the best job in New York..  We all need a plumber..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..