Before Spain Was Discovered.

Started by Raven, June 10, 2023, 12:15:43 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

This was Blackpool Beach back in 1964, before flying became affordable to all.  :cool:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

A town dedicated to fun and pleasure.

Raven

Can you imagine going to the toilet or popping to the kiosk for an ice cream, you'd never find your family spot again.

Scrumpy

What a great photo..
Can anyone spot the dog..?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

Old photos of New Brighton look like that.  People would come over from Liverpool on the ferry boats.

Alex

I went to Blackpool in 1964 I remember it because I went to see A Hard Days Night and it was Glasgow Fair fortnight.  :grin:

klondike

Nowt wrong with Blackpool. It was better on the beach back in the 60s of course - all those other folk shielded you from the freezing gale you get there most of the time.

Raven

Only been to Blackpool a couple of times, I really enjoyed it there, rain and all but never set a foot on the beach.

Alex

Today's Blackpool certainly isn't like the Blackpool I remembered as a teenager. 

Michael Rolls

First wife and I stretched our legs there once on our way to somewhere else (can't remember where)
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

We called in on the way back from London and spent the time on The Front, then a couple of hours in at the big showground. Lots of rides I'd never seen before, loved one called "The Grand National" It was an an adult roundabout you sat on the horse and they could move soooo fast, jumped too if I remember correctly. Loved it. Also tried "The Log Flume" a crazy wild water ride. Great fun. Then we had a meal and continued back up the road.
2nd time was a Sunday, I found this wee shop online full of Linedance gear, had a talk on the phone with the guy and got the low down on the goods. I told my classes about the place and they all wanted me to bring back stuff for them. Left Perth with just over £700 and a big shopping list, fair made that guys day for him. :cowboy: Got something to eat and drive back to Perth again. That's my 2 times in Blackpool, always meant to go back as there was a place I fancied going to, it was called "Water World", or something like that.