Happy Christmas all

Started by klondike, December 05, 2022, 03:00:53 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I'll be holding a big party tonight. I've just been checking my bank account and see that my £10 Christmas bonus has arrived.

Now if only Gordon had got his cheers in the commons by increases in the state pension rather than gimmicky payments like that and the winter fuel allowance that have remained the same in cash terms for probably 20years now that £10 might have bought more than 6 mince pies and a small box of crackers. They would likely already be worth more than the short term top ups we had this year too.

Alex

Does the £10 come separate  ?

Raven

It always used to come in with the pension before. But who knows this year. Nothing here anyway no tenner and no WFP.  :cry:

klondike

Quote from: Alex on December 05, 2022, 04:01:27 PMDoes the £10 come separate  ?
It's always been an individual payment. The wording on my account this time at least is [My NI number] DWP XB. 

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on December 05, 2022, 03:00:53 PMI'll be holding a big party tonight. I've just been checking my bank account and see that my £10 Christmas bonus has arrived.

Party :yahoo: :clap: 🎉 🥳 party..
I'll be there.. I'll pull a cracker with you and share a mince pie..
I'll be there at six.. can't stay too long.. I have to be in bed by seven..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Good job Phil's on a break. He'd have had a field day with that post.  :grin:

Diasi

I got a notification from our bank to tell me £10 had been paid in so I assumed it was a small lottery win until I checked & found it was from the DWP.

I like a woman who arrives at 6pm & wants to be in bed by 7pm.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on December 05, 2022, 05:38:25 PMGood job Phil's on a break. He'd have had a field day with that post.  :grin:

Must have got the nod!  :grin:  Scrumpy......!!  😁
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

:wink: Every time GrannyMac..  :wink: Every time..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

the £10 started in 1972. Had it kept pace with inflation - according to which site you use, it should now be between £95 and £150
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 06, 2022, 03:53:20 AMthe £10 started in 1972. Had it kept pace with inflation - according to which site you use, it should now be between £95 and £150

Now that would be a nice wee bonus every year.  :smiley: Just checked and still no WFP or £10. :cry:

Michael Rolls

it would, wouldn't it? As it is - it's an insult to anyone struggling
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

We've had all of ours now, OH's £250 and both lots of £10 yesterday.  My £250 arrived today. :yay:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

I get my pension on a Wednesday so maybe I'll get something then.....Maybe. :waiting:

klondike

Maybe they have redirected it into the referendum campaign....