Whose fault?

Started by klondike, May 25, 2023, 09:16:39 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Parents are claiming police killed their innocent offspring after they sped off away from a police van and crashed.

I'm no great fan of our incompetent police service but I have my doubts here. They were riding two up on a powerful electric bike which the press call an e-scooter. Well e-scooters are a bloody nuisance but they are regulated, legal and top out at around 14mph. The bike shown here is capable of far faster than that.

The parents have produced and the Mail has published these pictures of the little darlings...

Now perhaps I'm wrong but that picture seems to be rather older than the current one of them on the bike without any helments, doubtless unlicenced and uninsured and probably speeding.

So is this the fault of the police (who deny chasing them in the transit van shown in a video anyway) or their parents who allow them to have an illegal death trap and ride it around the streets doubtless endangering others and without helmets?

I checked eBay. A 5000w e-bike that looks similar to the one in the picture
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285300514975?hash=item426d3c609f:g:Wu8AAOSwul1kbwSk&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwI5%2Fo2MosgbUUo3SQod2Qo6dT4c%2FsaqoQyHmQ5w%2B9tvCE9n1rLrWUDull45%2BUkhLXqQXLYlPLN7iAQoCPoCMes%2FEGv%2FbJoY27ssdLLjlt%2FCev3Vju6JMTaDYg8teP6%2B3ki0RiIbxL9z8Xwkst9RwvlCeeeLo32yt2fcCWb4U9Hi6JWHywkK%2FqZ12F57xkKuOMVPL0oDLJKhLeX%2FP888ROBwyIyNcvVSRD3eb0lr5xK%2FXZDAH5WiDlMbI9eNGWhvWvA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8j0jaCKYg

According to google a 5000w e-bike can do 60mph.

That one is £1,398 second hand. Where did the little darlings get their hands on that sort of money.

Michael Rolls

the 'little darlings' photo looks much older than the clip of them on the bike - blatantly misleading to get the sympathy vote. The boys were 15 and 16 - and in the pictures on the BBC website could well be thought to be rather older. That isn't an e-scooter - my late brother had one and it is nothing like the motorbike in the clip. To be honest, I think the blame lies with the boys themselves.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

I read about this in the Telegraph this morning.
Predictably, the general tone of the article was to blame the police for 'chasing' them.
In truth, the police van had stopped and turned around when it arrived at a set of bollards; the young thugs continued on their way and, in my opinion, caused their own consequences!
If in doubt, blame the police.
Without any doubt, the people to blame are the young offenders and their inept parents!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Troublemakers..   They take risks with their own lives and those of others..
I care not of the outcome..
Let the parents weep for themselves and their children... They knew what was going on..
  Something tells me that the (parents) will be suing someone.. We will have to tolerate their misery and  watching them weep for many weeks to come..
 Do I sound hard/cruel ? Maybe.. But that is how I feel about troublemakers..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

We have three such wankers in our area that dress all in black with balaclavas, no crash helmets & ride round with all three on a black motor bike.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Diasi

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

the dog seems the brightest of those pictured
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 25, 2023, 01:38:25 PMTroublemakers..  They take risks with their own lives and those of others..
I care not of the outcome..
Let the parents weep for themselves and their children... They knew what was going on..
  Something tells me that the (parents) will be suing someone.. We will have to tolerate their misery and  watching them weep for many weeks to come..
 Do I sound hard/cruel ? Maybe.. But that is how I feel about troublemakers..
No, you don't sound cruel.
The only cruelty, if they were really concerned about this, is by the parents who clearly have no idea how to control their children.
Of course, they have no need to worry about that now!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

1955vintage

The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Michael Rolls

The aunt of one of the boys is making inflammatory comments, claiming 'the police chased two children to their deaths.' Well, the CCTV clip on the BBC news website shows nothing of the sort. The boys appear on screen and rapidly disappear off screen. The clip looks as though it is running rather faster than real time (not unusual with CCTV) but there is a considerable time lapse before the police van comes into view, and in an earlier report someone (can't remember who) said that the boys went between bollards which the van could not do.
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on May 28, 2023, 07:01:42 AMThe aunt of one of the boys is making inflammatory comments, claiming 'the police chased two children to their deaths.' Well, the CCTV clip on the BBC news website shows nothing of the sort. The boys appear on screen and rapidly disappear off screen. The clip looks as though it is running rather faster than real time (not unusual with CCTV) but there is a considerable time lapse before the police van comes into view, and in an earlier report someone (can't remember who) said that the boys went between bollards which the van could not do.
Police vans aren't used for pursuits & it turned off into a different road half a mile before they crashed, so it was probably going to another call.

They lived & died in a cesspit area anyway.
[email protected]

Ashy

Sad but true, the lads just kicked the traces too hard. I don't think the police were chasing them, it's unlikely they could even see them.

If only they had stopped them :?:

Alex

They had no helmets, perhaps wearing one may have saved their lives.

klondike

Somebody told me they crashed into a bus. If so I think it would have wanted more than helmets. This was the result of irresponsible parenting leading to feral youngsters imo.