I hate it when the clocks go back

Started by klondike, November 07, 2022, 04:19:35 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on November 09, 2022, 02:55:36 AMfair point - but I presumed Ashy meant back from GMT
We never put the clocks back from GMT and never have. Ashy said nothing about putting the clocks back at all.

1955vintage

My dog hates it more, she has to wait an extra hour before feeding.

:nooo: :nooo: :nooo:
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Ashy

What I meant was put the clock forward to GMT +2 hours and leave them there.

There is nothing absurd about having two time zones if the Scots want it different, the USA has 6 time zones and Canada has 9 zones, some of which do daylight saving and some don't.

We only adopted common time because the railways used it, and they probably still would.

Michael Rolls

Canada and the USA use different time zones because they are such enormous countries, and their zones are based on longitude, not latitude. Solar noon in New York, for example, is nine in the morning in Los Angeles. For businesses different time zones can be a damn nuisance
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

Quote from: Michael Rolls on November 13, 2022, 09:43:35 AMFor businesses different time zones can be a damn nuisance
I bet they can. However I would point out that we change the clocks to BST in summer for political reasons, not because the island has moved.

Michael Rolls

the tree huggers are doubtless working on it!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]