masking up ,will it be for ever, ?

Started by alfred, December 30, 2021, 03:58:34 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

For many of us who over the years, when in the early years and over time came,.

Measles, mumps, whooping cough,  and T.B, asthma, then in recent years  times
came the corona virus, and recently covid,

so i wonder just how many more viruses will emerge in the coming years, and if so will masking up become an every day event before we go shopping, visiting friends , or socializing in general,

Q; do you think there will ever be an end, or is that life will be an endless routine of carrying a face masks and hand gels  forever,

Alex

Face masks will go on I suppose, I don't mind I've saved a few bob on lipstick !!!

Raven

I don't wear any lipstick, haven't for years. I'm a big fan of natural.

Michael Rolls

It's got to the stage that seeing films set just a year or so back with unmasked actors seems unreal and makes me long for those days to return
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

Sometimes a great love starts from a chance meeting.
If mask wearing continues some may miss the love
of their lives as mask wearing hides much of facial expressions
and features one may fall for.

Scrumpy

... then there are those who look better wearing a mask.. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Quote from: Flying Bomb on December 31, 2021, 06:35:37 AM
Sometimes a great love starts from a chance meeting.
If mask wearing continues some may miss the love
of their lives as mask wearing hides much of facial expressions
and features one may fall for.

Facial expressions maybe, but it's all in the eyes FB,  all in the eyes  :cool:

klondike

You possibly have a more charitable outlook than some men deserve....

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

A little smile can be missed too with masks.
Very sad that.

Cassandra

It appears to have emerged as a sort of identity statement to many, an icon of identification and reflective of your views? The further left you are, the greater the inclination to restrict freedom becomes apparent. A mask says so to your fellows and makes a statement to the other side.

Perhaps just another indicator as how polarised as communities in 'The West' we are becoming. Brexit was the first time the 'Davos Men' had to reveal themselves in solid form thanks to Cameron's idealistic hotspur. Now, are we are splitting further into followers and the querulous non-followers?

Just like Brexit vast sums of money have been invested into 'Project Fear' by an increasingly authoritarian administration, whether it be Covid or burning peat to please Mrs Johnson's green fingers.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

I'm not sure whether the fragrant Ms. Johnson would approve of burning peat or not. Some of it is sequestered carbon from a long long time ago so may be not much better than burning the dreaded coal. Plus think of the particulates  :yell:

The one thing she does approve of  burning, it seems, is party donor money on wallpaper and there is every chance that she'll only get a year out of it before somebody else decides they don't like it and has it changed.

Think of the planet.