Slipping and sliding..

Started by Scrumpy, December 15, 2022, 06:15:55 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Yes good point Phil. Also the roads (interstate etc) are generally so wide here that LED's don't really present that problem I seem to find driving after dark.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

This is the Lazer LED light bar that I'm thinking of getting.

It's road legal, with no off-road functions, & as such can be wired into the high beam.

https://www.lazerlamps.com/st8-evolution.html#videos
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

TBH I have chickened out of driving in the dark unless completely unavoidable. It isn't so bad on country roads but in towns not so good for me.

Alex

Hells bells that's expensive for a light !  Do you do a lot of night driving Phil ?  I try to be home before it goes dark now  :grin:

klondike

Most stuff that works well is expensive. Not that being expensive means something will be better than cheaper options (sometimes much cheaper. Anything Apple for instance imo). My son always says buy cheap buy twice and he has been correct with some of my choices.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on December 17, 2022, 10:55:47 AMHells bells that's expensive for a light !  Do you do a lot of night driving Phil ?  I try to be home before it goes dark now  :grin:
Yes I quite often drive at night, not long journeys but a lot of short ones.

The installed cost will be around £620 as the LED light unit + wiring loom is £420 & I estimate a fitting charge of £200 as the front bumper will need to be removed & refitted.

It will also allow me to drive without having any visibility issues & there won't be too many oncoming vehicles that don't dip their HID / LED headlights, rapidly, when I give them a 5 second burst of 8272 lumens.

For those that don't dip I'll leave my high beam & LED light unit on & their high beam won't affect me.

December 17, 2022, 12:15:36 PM
Quote from: klondike on December 17, 2022, 11:41:50 AMMost stuff that works well is expensive. Not that being expensive means something will be better than cheaper options (sometimes much cheaper. Anything Apple for instance imo). My son always says buy cheap buy twice and he has been correct with some of my choices.
Lazer are recognised as one of the best, if not thee best, LED driving lights but the overriding factor is that most of their units are road legal in the EU & UK.

The ST8 Evolution, which I'm pretty sure I'll get, is road legal but I'll buy the wiring harness that includes a switch for inside the car so I can have the Lazer LED light coming on with my high beam or I can isolate it so just my halogen high beam comes on.

I drive on the basis that I have to ensure the safety of the morons wearing dark clothing who see my car headlights but step out into the road from an unlit black spot.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I don't drive when it is dark..  No, no no.. 
Where do old people go when it gets dark.. !! Other than bed..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on December 17, 2022, 12:07:48 PMI drive on the basis that I have to ensure the safety of the morons wearing dark clothing who see my car headlights but step out into the road from an unlit black spot.
Saving the six hundred quid lights is probably a decent incentive too  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on December 17, 2022, 12:56:05 PMSaving the six hundred quid lights is probably a decent incentive too  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
Lol.  :upvote:

As with most things there's always a curved ball & on this occasion it depends whether or not Lazer can supply a mounting kit for the 307 grille.

They'll probably say the car's too old & they only make for new £80,000 BMWs etc. that already come equipped with laser headlights.
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I can't drive at night for more than about 20-30 miles when there is oncoming traffic - their headlights quickly make my eyes very tired. And to think that years ago I would think nothing of driving at night. Furthest I ever drove at night was 500 miles when Veronica's dad died.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]