Tipping..

Started by Scrumpy, May 19, 2024, 09:18:05 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

GrannyMac

Quote from: Ashy on May 22, 2024, 09:04:07 PMIf you give the air hostess a gratuity when you leave the aeroplane, does that count as fly tipping?
Boom boom! 😂😂
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

I just give my postman a tip at Christmas,  and the paper boy.

I rarely go anywhere much that requires tips during the year.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Mups on Yesterday at 10:51:43 AMI just give my postman a tip at Christmas,  and the paper boy.

What is a postman please. ?

Vlad

Quote from: Mups on Yesterday at 10:51:43 AMI just give my postman a tip at Christmas,  and the paper boy.

And me, with a Christmas card.
I had an odd one about tipping about a month ago, I was looking at ordering some stuff online from a clothing retailer at the time I wasn't aware that the retailer was in China, so picked what I wanted and went to payment and there was the total amount due and a small box asking what percentage tip I would like to add!
I didn't complete the order, how bloody cheeky! What was I supposed to be tipping for?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

I've found it common for Chinese sellers to include a small gift with their stuff.

I've only rarely bought direct from the US but bought two items at different times from an American company. Both orders included one of these oversized Polo mints. I think all US food comes oversized as standard.

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on Today at 12:37:16 PMI've found it common for Chinese sellers to include a small gift with their stuff.

* WARNING*
Don't put it in your mouth.. It's a trick.. Makes you vote Labour..

klondike

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on Yesterday at 01:30:28 PMWhat is a postman please. ?

Hah,  yes, they are becoming a rarity aren't they Scrumpy.   :smiley:
I still see one sometimes, but they don't seem as common as they used to be. 

I reckon it's  to do with climate change.   Everything else gets blamed on that. 

Today at 03:17:32 PM
Quote from: Vlad on Today at 12:22:05 PMAnd me, with a Christmas card.
I had an odd one about tipping about a month ago, I was looking at ordering some stuff online from a clothing retailer at the time I wasn't aware that the retailer was in China, so picked what I wanted and went to payment and there was the total amount due and a small box asking what percentage tip I would like to add!
I didn't complete the order, how bloody cheeky!
What was I supposed to be tipping for?

Blimey,   I agree, Vlad.   
I'd have done the same as you and cancelled.