ever more thrifty.

Started by alfred, February 12, 2022, 09:49:14 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

OH likes a drop or three of malt, I do the shopping, and I never pay full price. We have a plethora of supermarkets here, and although I'm a happy Aldi & Lidl shopper, not for everything.   We do the thing with the washing up liquid under the tap, and I find Lidl's is easily as good as Fairy. 

I rarely buy books, I use the library, and I make good use of my bus pass!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

crabbyob

have you heard of 'the Genorous Aberdonian' granny :?:
it was a horse that ran in the Grand National...lol

Scrumpy

I am rather a wasteful person but that is my choice.. I like nice food and am stupid enough to believe that quality comes with a higher price tag..
Since covid I have learned to water down my Fairy Liquid.. and cut things in half.. I throw stuff that is been hanging around in the fridge into one fry pan and give it a go.. My Italian friend told me of this.. All salad produce along with pieces of chicken  go in the pan.. It is tasty.. and easy.. Beetroot is lovely done this way..

'Life is too short to be thrifty'  !!!
Ones pocket plays a big part in how long or short ones life will be..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

yes an Italian pal told me that when you make Spag Bol, one should put the spag into the sauce toss it around then onto the plate, whereas i have always put the spag onto the plate and poured the sauce over it... its a lot tastier his way...

GrannyMac

Quote from: crabbyob on February 13, 2022, 09:42:20 AM
have you heard of 'the Genorous Aberdonian' granny :?:
it was a horse that ran in the Grand National...lol

We Scots learnt a lot about thrift from Yorkshire.  You'll know the saying 'If ever tha does owt for nowt, do it for thisen'. 

(Translation available).  :grin:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

zoony

Quote from: crabbyob on February 13, 2022, 11:40:03 AM
yes an Italian pal told me that when you make Spag Bol, one should put the spag into the sauce toss it around then onto the plate, whereas i have always put the spag onto the plate and poured the sauce over it... its a lot tastier his way...

I always chuck the spag into the sauce cos I like it all nicely sauced topped by lots of parmigiano..

1955vintage

Always mix the pasta in with the sauce, stir and serve. Roasted vegetables (peppers,toms,mushrooms,garlic etc) with pancetta , added to orecchiette pasta.............. :yahoo:
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

zoony

:grin:  I like my pasta ungentrified..

crabbyob

Quote from: zoony on February 13, 2022, 07:56:58 PM
:grin:  I like my pasta ungentrified..

does that mean without meatballs?  [1070]

Alex

I always put pasta in the sauce and swizz it around, but never done it with spaghetti  :tongue:  I will now, if I remember  :grin: