times change,

Started by alfred, February 14, 2022, 04:02:18 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

The other day i was talking to a neighbour and i was explaining  during  the conversation what a mangle was , he showed great interest as he politely in his minds eye tried to think about what  being said. And was amazed as he most likely thought how did they manage that,

it made me think how many young people wonder how we got on before the advent of the modern machines which has made our lives that much easier , i wonder if these young people ever wonder then as now and the way our world is forever changing.

can you image explaining  to a young person how to set  a fire place ready to light it when it as and when a nice hot fire was needed, and many things we did as children helping our parents in the past ,

Q; have you ever been in conversation with a young person as they try to figure out what your talking about in times past. we must be very ancient to them almost theanderals or some one from the bronze age,

if so will you share your conversation you had with them then.

Scrumpy

The grandchildren were interested in hearing about a copper that my mum had to heat the water.. and how we kids tried to turn the handle of the mangled that stood in the back yard.  We were shorter than the big ugly thing and it was hard work.. The washing froze on the line..!!
Yeah!! Good old days.. We were poor but happy.. !!
Not true.. We were only happy when we were out in the street /park playing..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

apart from when dad died, I don't think that we realised we had any need to be unhappy - life was what it was
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]