Entitled Whiners & Whingers

Started by Diasi, April 17, 2024, 07:52:07 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

I'll start it off with Kate Garraway's non-stop whining & whinging about having to look after her husband.

She's now whining & whinging about receiving post addressed to her late husband.

I still get post addressed to my late wife & my neighbour still gets post addressed to her late husband.

https://tinyurl.com/n9td8kvb
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I still get correspondence about my father's old  building society accounts   died nearly 20 years ago.  He took out accounts with umpteen  of them when they were demutualising with a hundred or so in each to get the bonuses they were paying when they moved over to PLCs then cleared them out after or it became apparent that they wouldn't. Unfortunately he never closed them so a few coppers of interest rermained. The FCA insists that they trace and pay owners of such accounts so I get the letters. If I answer I may even get a cheque. Usually for £0.01

Scrumpy

Her plight was incredible sad.. My heart went out to her...
Until she complained about being in debt to the tune of over a million pounds..
I looked after my husband when he was sick and dying.. Sam would have looked after me had I been ill.. Isn't it what we do for those we love.?
We didn't live in a posh house.. We didn't have fabulously rich friends... Elton John is a good friend of Kate Gallaway ...
I didn't earn a healthy salary.. My story was not shown to the masses .. no one paid me to hear of the difficulties that arose over the bad times..
I wasn't in a position to be in debt for a million pounds..
The social services visited us and suggested a chair that tilted forward to help Sam rise from a sitting position.. We never did receive it..

Please don't get me wrong.. It is very painful to lose someone who is very special.. But ones grief becomes  a private thing over time..
Nobody wants to hear about your problems over and over again..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 17, 2024, 08:29:22 AMHer plight was incredible sad.. My heart went out to her...
I looked after my husband when he was sick and dying.. Sam would have looked after me had I been ill.. Isn't it what we do for those we love.?
We didn't live in a posh house.. We didn't have fabulously rich friends... Elton John is a good friend of Kate Gallaway ...
I didn't earn a healthy salary.. My story was not shown to the masses .. no one paid me to hear of the difficulties that arose over the bad times..
The social services visited us and suggested a chair that tilted forward to help Sam rise from a sitting position.. We never did receive it..

Please don't get me wrong.. It is very painful to lose someone who is very special.. But ones grief becomes  a private thing over time..

Let's be honest, her husband wouldn't have been alive long enough to rack up a £million debt as the NHS wouldn't have chucked all that money keeping him if he'd been an ordinary Joe without a wife who could keep the media spotlight on them.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Diasi on April 17, 2024, 09:08:19 AMLet's be honest, her husband wouldn't have been alive long enough to rack up a £million debt as the NHS wouldn't have chucked all that money keeping him if he'd been an ordinary Joe without a wife who could keep the media spotlight on them.
Not entirely sure about that.  My sister developed MS around 20 years ago, and the cost of adapting the house (which the state paid for) was significant, as has been the level of care pa ever since.  Bear in mind that the family assets at the time weren't great, and nor was the level of income.  Gallaway's situation may well have required a more complicated care package, and the grants available for house modification may well have been significantly less.

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 17, 2024, 08:29:22 AMHer plight was incredible sad.. My heart went out to her...

What a good post, Scrumpy.  Well said. 

I agree with every word. 

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on April 17, 2024, 10:02:01 AMWhat a good post, Scrumpy.  Well said. 

I agree with every word. 

Yep

Cassandra

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

GrannyMac

And I'll third it.  Very well put Scrumps x
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on April 17, 2024, 11:36:17 AMAnd I'll third it.  Very well put Scrumps x
Not to be outdone, I'll fourth it.  Good post Scrumpy, though sad.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on April 17, 2024, 10:00:33 AMNot entirely sure about that.  My sister developed MS around 20 years ago, and the cost of adapting the house (which the state paid for) was significant, as has been the level of care pa ever since.  Bear in mind that the family assets at the time weren't great, and nor was the level of income.  Gallaway's situation may well have required a more complicated care package, and the grants available for house modification may well have been significantly less.
I'm not talking about care costs, I'm talking about the effort that the NHS took to keep Galloway's husband alive in hospital for a year before he was discharged..

When it became obvious that my wife could well need a long stay in hospital she was chucked out to come home to die.
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Diasi on April 17, 2024, 01:15:53 PMI'm not talking about care costs, I'm talking about the effort that the NHS took to keep Galloway's husband alive in hospital for a year before he was discharged..

When it became obvious that my wife could well need a long stay in hospital she was chucked out to come home to die.
Ah.  My mistake.  Thought that Galloway might have built up the million pound debt through supplementing care costs.  That, plus loss of his own income, obviously.

Alex

I agree with Scrumps too.   I do feel sorry for the woman, her husband was only 52 but I'd also query how she can run up care costs of £800,000 +   Also think Twitter is the wrong place to ask for help.