Bean to cup

Started by klondike, January 28, 2022, 09:08:35 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I do like coffee but only the real stuff as for some reason instant doesn't cut it for me. Until I got a Tassimo pod machine I only drank tea at home. I only got pods for it in Asda as they had a long running offer which made a box of pods of my choice (latte machiato)  50p to £1 less than most other places. Then there were frequent stocking problems. As I mostly only went Asda for the coffee that became annoying.

So I got a bean to cup machine. Stupidly expensive to buy but a cup of coffee made by it is pretty cheap. Heaven. Except this morning. I hadn't noticed it was low on beans. It isn't smart enough to tell you it's low on beans. Result - a cup of frothy milk. It isn't the first time. Last time I put some beans in and squirted an espresso in which fixes it. This morning I'd pulled it to bits for cleaning before I noticed as I hadn't started to drink my coffee.

Just had to make another. I need that caffein. Any other addicts out there?

Michael Rolls

I'm a lazy instant user, but drink more tea than coffee - around 4:1
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

I need at least two large mugs of tea before I get started.

In the evening I take fruit (usually cherries and raspberries) out of the freezer so they can thaw out overnight.  I dip the tip of my spoon in Rouse honey, then a huge dollop of Yeo Valley Greek style honey yoghurt, topped with figs, walnuts and goji berries.  Right, now I am almost ready to start the day.  Maybe another cuppa? 

Michael Rolls

go on, you know you want to!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

The last place I worked I got a sort of loop going. I'd have a pea and make a tea. Rinse and repeat. It was a boring place. I counted and one day had 10 teas. In mitigation it was before the days I got a tablet to help out with the enlarged prostate.

Scrumpy

I need my mid- morning coffee.. I don't like it if I am somewhere and miss it..
.. and my marmalade toast in the morning..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I'm a coffee freak and also got my pods from Asda, 3 for £10 but the choice of pods is a bit limited.  I can get my favourite filter coffee , Jacobs Kronung on Amazon but then I'm back to filter papers again.  I've been thinking of a bean to cup machine but they are expensive.  Having said that, my friend bought a cheaper one, a Cuisinart and she seems pleased with it. 

klondike

It maybe depends on whether you intend  to make coffees that include frothy milk. Cleaning the milk stuff on some can be a pain. I chose one that has very little in the way of milk frothing gear. You put milk directly into the cup, pull down the frother and press the button. When made I detach the frother and take it and the cup to the sink bowl (cup catching any remaining drips) then I rinse and dry the frother and put it back on the machine for next time.

As they go it wasn't an expensive machine but compared to filter machines or pod machines it is stupidly so. The JL advert although I got mine from Argos as they are in town. One thing about all of them is that they are big. If considering any of them check the size.

https://www.johnlewis.com/siemens-ti351209gb-eq-300-bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-black/p5075143?sku=238835480&s_ppc=2dx92700056708960227&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

Alex

Quote from: klondike on January 28, 2022, 11:00:00 AM

It maybe depends on whether you intend  to make coffees that include frothy milk.

Frothy milk ??? that's sacrilege to a real coffee drinker :yell:

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I prefer to keep the enamel on my teeth.....

If you don't do frothy then probably a bean to cup is overkill.

Alex

My friend doesn't do frothy either, we both like good strong coffee though, the sort you can drink black if you feel like it !

crabbyob

i had a black coffee in the USA.....mud... no wonder they have above average nutters

Alex

I didn't like the taste of American coffee, you needed milk to take the taste away  :cool:

zoony

Quote from: Alex on January 28, 2022, 11:03:20 AM
Frothy milk ??? that's sacrilege to a real coffee drinker :yell:

And that's snobbish. You have it the way you like it then I'm not wrong for wanting it the way I like it..and screw the 'purists'..

Scrumpy

Strong coffee is not for me.. It would blow my head off..  I'm a Latte girl.. With a bit of froth..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..