Boris

Started by Alex, June 02, 2023, 01:57:55 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Incase anyone missed  his letter  :cool:

klondike

I have not been following this story and TBH I don't understand exactly what it is all about along with the various undertones. All I will say is that it all sounds very dodgy and can't be doing either Boris or the government any good at all. Perhaps that is the intent?  I neither really know nor care. 

I do know that lockdown was a huge mistake which to many became apparent very quickly while a section of the public appear to have been terrorised by all the government scare mongering with some probably wishing it had never been lifted at all.

Cassandra

Doubtlessly chicanery over the £250 billion disaster that was Lockdown. They've killed Boris off, but in revealing the messages that he sent on this 'whatsapp' Sunak might be incriminated as not being the perfect little drain piped spider-man super-hero that he dresses up as. Whenever politicians start referring to morality and privacy you know their heading for the rocks, as they don't have any of either.

Also and importantly Johnson had two phones, he has only advanced messages from one, comensurate June 2021!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on June 02, 2023, 02:37:57 PMI have not been following this story and TBH I don't understand exactly what it is all about along with the various undertones. All I will say is that it all sounds very dodgy and can't be doing either Boris or the government any good at all. Perhaps that is the intent?  I neither really know nor care.

I do know that lockdown was a huge mistake which to many became apparent very quickly while a section of the public appear to have been terrorised by all the government scare mongering with some probably wishing it had never been lifted at all.
Some might have been scared but I'm sure that the vast majority complied as we comply with other laws & rules.

Personally I think that the 70 mph maximum speed limit on a motorway is stupid, but 70 it is so 70 I travel at.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on June 02, 2023, 02:37:57 PMI do know that lockdown was a huge mistake which to many became apparent very quickly while a section of the public appear to have been terrorised by all the government scare mongering with some probably wishing it had never been lifted at all.
Terrorised by the government.. !!!!! scare mongering..!!!!

Are you saying that the hundreds of people who died of covid was just scare mongering..? How can you ignore facts and figures...?

I obeyed the rules.. I had my jabs and will continue to do so..
I don't think the government (terrorised) me or my friends and family ..
 They took precautions that they thought to be right.. Countries far and wide did the same.. Lockdown saved lives..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Some studies suggest that lockdowns saved few and did more harm than they prevented.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10466995/New-study-says-lockdowns-reduced-COVID-mortality-2-percent.html

One thing is certain - the NHS has a huge backlog now.
Plus we have been running a large number of excess deaths foe a very long time and some suspect the vaccines. I've seen no convincing evidence of the cause but it surely must somehow be linked to the pandemic.

klondike

Peer reviewed now

The imposition of lockdowns by governments around the world during the Chinese coronavirus crisis was "a global policy failure of gigantic proportions" that had a "negligible" impact on loss of life compared to the steep costs on society, a landmark study has found.
A peer-reviewed study published by the Institute for Economic Affairs from researchers, including economics Professor Steve H. Hanke of Johns Hopkins University, has found that countries that locked down their citizens faired little better than countries such as Sweden, which imposed relatively few restrictions in favour of allowing its citizens to exercise their own caution.
The Herby-Jonung-Hanke review, which conducted a meta-analysis of 19,646 studies on lockdowns from countries around the world, found that lockdowns, defined as any non-pharmaceutical intervention, managed to reduce mortality by 3.2 per cent in comparison to countries that adopted a more laissez-faire approach during the first lockdowns in the Spring of 2020.
According to the study, this means that the initial lockdowns prevented 1,700 deaths in England and Wales, 6,000 deaths throughout Europe, and 4,000 deaths in the United States. The authors noted that the number of deaths prevented by restrictions paled in comparison to the number of deaths experienced during a typical flu season.

Full report : https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/06/08/global-policy-failure-lockdowns-had-negligible-impact-compared-to-staggering-collateral-costs-study-finds/