fog, smog, flu,& viruses,

Started by alfred, January 16, 2022, 08:35:15 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Having read of numerous viruses that over the past 100 years where by influenza, and Spanish flu between them killed virtually a 100 million people world wide , and eighty years ago it was then smog which added to the death list ,

it seems that nature every so often throws out another virus which inadvertently adds to more people sadly losing their lives, and records show it appears or seems to appear every 100 years or there abouts,

and it seems to re occur with a different strain of viruses ,each time , so i now wonder what now with covid  and recent variations of viruses is this nature balancing the books once again,

it seems as nature every so often tries to balance the worlds population in the varieties of different viruses, which sadly culls the worlds populations,

Q; have you any thoughts on ;fog smog flu and viruses, do you remember smog for example if so what memories have you of that time then, and will you share you memories with us,

Wandering Walter

Historically it is estimated that Plagues have killed 136 million people over the years, WW1 estimated that 20 million killed in the conflict Spanish Flu 1918 an estimated 500 million a third of the worlds population , WW2 60 million, every day war and famine kills people, illness accidents and age same thing.

Will it ever change ? IMO No.

Bottom line is enjoy life whilst you can   

klondike

Just to add to the joys of a sunny but cold morning I can't help mention that I glimpsed a tale the other day of some more new stains of bacteria that have become resistant to just about all of our available antibiotics.

Those that reckon out of all creation we are the favoured ones need to start writing some snotty letters to their boss. What will keep us going, if anything can, will be brainpower not prayers.

Wandering Walter

Indeed some people badger Doctors for anti-biotics for colds, flu, sore throats they are Viruses anti-biotics are not much good if any against a Virus , over subscribing anti-biotics has caused this problem

klondike

Over the counter I think in the US and doubtless other places plus put into animal feed by the sackful.

Wandering Walter

Yes in America you can buy all sorts of medication over the Counter also buying on line ,  mate of mine has a holiday home in Spain near Barcelona when he comes back I always ask him to bring back a couple of tubes of Voltarol for my dodgy knee its much stronger than what I buy here kills the pain quicker and for longer 

klondike

The Volterol tablets work well but were changed from over the counter to POM. Good luck with getting those on repeat.

Wandering Walter

I avoid tablets as much as I can , I will stick with the Gel for now