Mark Steyn

Started by Alex, February 07, 2023, 12:29:25 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Does anyone follow him ?  He's a Canadian broadcaster and until his recent heart attack was on GB News.  Now GB News has written a new clause into his contract that he would be liable for any OFCOM fines, whilst GB News would retain editorial control.  He always finished his programmes with "stay safe, stay free "   GB News is looking less like " The People's Channel " these days.  Shame. :sad:

Jacqueline

I loved Mark Steyn, he always said it how it is, and is on the case of the grooming gangs. I know he is recovering from a heart attack, but would be sorry to loose him from GB news.  

Bloody OFCOM should not be fining anybody for what they say, what ever happened to free speech? 

Alex

They're also after him for his take on the vaccines Jacq, there's certainly been a change at GB News over the last few months.  Ofcom have got to them and we could see a mass exodus of viewers.

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2023, 12:53:19 PMThey're also after him for his take on the vaccines Jacq, there's certainly been a change at GB News over the last few months.  Ofcom have got to them and we could see a mass exodus of viewers.

I very rarely watch it at all nowadays. They seem to have a plethora of children as editorial staff. Mark Steyn was a brilliant presenter, who I am sure didn't help his BP by repeatedly having to pull his ear-plug out, as a relent to the chiming from raptor like young women in the background. Just watch how Mark Longhurst is urged to cut off really interesting reports from Mark White to coalesce this off screen oppression.

The shareholding has recently and significantly changed when 'Discovery' merged with Warner Bros. The latter are one of the wokest firms on earth and this influence at Board Room level is now reflective in opinion and output . Complicit with others they have also successfully prevented GB news from gaining the advertising revenue streams they have earned with their viewing figures. Effectively assembling a 'cabal' to boycott the channel and cut off earnings by influential association.  Also Warner dumped $20 million worth of GB-news shares for a mere $8 million in the near past since their 'involvement'.

As they say out here, "why buy em, when you can bust em"?

The whole thing will shut down soon, a victim to organised Globalism and it's path to total control of the airwaves.

All thats left is the spectacle of its slow death, but of course well in time before the next fix of a General Election!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Quote from: Cassandra on February 07, 2023, 01:47:27 PMAll thats left is the spectacle of its slow death, but of course well in time before the next fix of a General Election!
Even more bad news for the Tories if it does - it will leave Farage with time on his hands.

To be brutally honest they are still pretty much rank amateurs. So much of their content relies on video interviews with folk on crappy home broadband and many manage to bugger the video connections up even if the broadband works. Even in studio sound is often poor too.

I only ever watched Steyn and Farage up to the Talking Pints section plus Neil Oliver's introductions anyway and all on catch-up which they also sometimes cock up. I was disappointed that Lawrence Fox makes such a horlix of just reading an autocue as I admired his anti woke stance.

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on February 07, 2023, 03:10:58 PMEven more bad news for the Tories if it does - it will leave Farage with time on his hands.

To be brutally honest they are still pretty much rank amateurs. So much of their content relies on video interviews with folk on crappy home broadband and many manage to bugger the video connections up even if the broadband works. Even in studio sound is often poor too.

I only ever watched Steyn and Farage up to the Talking Pints section plus Neil Oliver's introductions anyway and all on catch-up which they also sometimes cock up. I was disappointed that Lawrence Fox makes such a horlix of just reading an autocue as I admired his anti woke stance.

Absolutely bang on and the blustering Alastair Stewart always raving on about his friends at the top of his breaking voice I just found too stressful to persevere with. Esther McVey reducing her husband's necessity for presence to the need of a clothes-horse with her bossy, shouty gustings is also another tiresome display. He's actually quite good, but sadly comes second, something that probably quite usual for the poor chap I suspect though he might be the kind of man who secretly enjoys it? ...

Also there seems to be ever more lefty, aggravating sock puppets on these days, in the bid to be unbiased, to pleasure lefty advertising budgeteers! I don't want unbiased, if they did ever achieve it they' be unique anyway?

A good idea, very badly set up and manned technically by kids without the deep pockets to contest the establishment, once the opposition broken in the top storey to destroy it.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on February 07, 2023, 01:47:27 PMI very rarely watch it at all nowadays. They seem to have a plethora of children as editorial staff. Mark Steyn was a brilliant presenter, who I am sure didn't help his BP by repeatedly having to pull his ear-plug out, as a relent to the chiming from raptor like young women in the background. Just watch how Mark Longhurst is urged to cut off really interesting reports from Mark White to coalesce this off screen oppression.

The shareholding has recently and significantly changed when 'Discovery' merged with Warner Bros. The latter are one of the wokest firms on earth and this influence at Board Room level is now reflective in opinion and output . Complicit with others they have also successfully prevented GB news from gaining the advertising revenue streams they have earned with their viewing figures. Effectively assembling a 'cabal' to boycott the channel and cut off earnings by influential association.  Also Warner dumped $20 million worth of GB-news shares for a mere $8 million in the near past since their 'involvement'.

As they say out here, "why buy em, when you can bust em"?

The whole thing will shut down soon, a victim to organised Globalism and it's path to total control of the airwaves.

All thats left is the spectacle of its slow death, but of course well in time before the next fix of a General Election!
Demonetized is the new buzzword.

The Free Speech Union, of which I'm a paying member, has been demonetized by PayPay to prevent them collecting membership subscriptions.

This is purely a political move.

We will, of course, pay by other means but PayPay was a convenient & simple way & now the Union will have to set up a subscription department that will require at least a couple of staff.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

One amusing think I noticed watching Farage this morning was the crappy automatic and pointless subtitles they now show over the lower news ticker. It frequently gets things wrong but the one after the News was a bit off. When the news reader said "and now back to Farage" it came up with "and now back to far right".  :grin: