Just a thought

Started by klondike, July 01, 2022, 10:17:46 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I was going to watch Farage this morning before dragging my sorry backside out of bed but it wasn't on GBNews catchup. I watched Mark Stein instead. I wasn't overly impressed but one comment on there I heard which got me thinking was..

"With open borders why do we need armed forces?"

If Putin took all his old rusty soviet era tanks and weighed them in at the scrappy (well the ones his generals haven't weighed in already at least) he could buy loads of third rate one-trip Chinese made dinghies. That way his army could not only invade the UK but get helped in by the RNLI and Border Force.

Jacqueline

Exactly what I keep saying, and the banners would be out "Russians welcome here".

Alex

"With open borders why do we need armed forces?"

We don't, that's why the Government is cutting another 10,000 troops !

It just beggars belief, we'll end up with fewer soldiers than the army of soldiers arriving on our beaches every day.  :rolleyes:

Cassandra

Absolutely who needs an army with 'open borders'. One day number 10 will list the Armed Forces on Ebay! Putin will high bidder on the sircarft carriers, you know the ones with no planes on board.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Why don't we just do a country swap.. ?
We could spend 50 years in each country... If we swapped we wouldn't need to invade..
Our 67 million will fit nicely into Australia and their 27 million will have room to walk around in our country..
Knowing our luck ,if we swapped with Russia we would get Siberia..  :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..