I'm Stumped..

Started by zoony, March 23, 2022, 11:04:23 PM

« previous - next »

zoony

Many of you will be aware that I have a carer called Dennis. Much more than a carer (not in THAT sense), he actually saved my life a couple of years ago. Well, it's his birthday in a couple of weeks and I have no ideas for a suitable gift. He's an angler but serious about it so I've no chance of finding something he'd want or need. I'll keep thinking but creative suggestions would be very welcome.
. [2040]

Michael Rolls

Izaak Walton's the Compleat Angler? Amazon have it in paperback, hardback or Kindle
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

:clap:  I bought it for him last Christmas!  :grin:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Quote from: zoony on March 23, 2022, 11:04:23 PM
Many of you will be aware that I have a carer called Dennis. Much more than a carer (not in THAT sense), he actually saved my life a couple of years ago. Well, it's his birthday in a couple of weeks and I have no ideas for a suitable gift. He's an angler but serious about it so I've no chance of finding something he'd want or need. I'll keep thinking but creative suggestions would be very welcome.
. [2040]

As a last resort, is there an angling shop that he uses that might sell you a voucher? 
Two presents that were bought for me were 'experiences'.
One was a 'proms in the park' and at one stage a spitfire flew overhead in time to the music (my father was a spitfire pilot) and that even brought a tear to Paul's eye.
I love owls and the other was a bird of prey experience where I had owls flying to a glove on my arm.
Obviously we don't know Dennis but can you think of anything else he likes apart from fishing?
As a last resort, does he enjoy any food or drink that you could treat him to?

GrannyMac

Some good suggestions Sheila. Nice to show appreciation zoony, but choosing what to buy isn't always easy.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

zoony

You're telling me!  Thanks Sheila, all good thoughts/ideas..

crabbyob

my son once bought me a keep net which unknown to him i returned to the shop pointing out it wasnt even leagle.... the guy was all apologies 'i didnt know it was your lad crabbyob' WTF dose that matter the fellow was a bailiff  into the bargain... if your going down the fishing road Zoony i thing the token is a great suggestion...

zoony

Thanks crabbyob.. Though I did say that I didn't want to buy him angling stuff.. :hmm:  I'll continue to let it percolate..

crabbyob

how about paying for a Chinkie for him then...lol

Alex

zoony

Nah, thanks Alex but I'm not buying booze as a gift..

Alex

crabbyob

how about you and him visiting Old Trafford?

zoony

Cheers.. Worth a thought but I'm not sure he's up for a full day's cricket..