High Way Code

Started by hugh, January 29, 2022, 11:01:39 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Quote from: hugh on January 30, 2022, 08:47:02 AM
The new High Way Code came law this week Mike.
is it on sale?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

It's official, the motorist, who actually pays for the roads, has the least right to be on the road.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on January 29, 2022, 11:55:22 AM
You must have your dog secured in the back of the car too, or a £1,000 fine.

No, the dog can be on the rear or front passenger seat, but it has to be restrained by a seatbelt harness, which I use for our dog.

If you want to clip it to the seatbelt on the front passenger seat, you'll first need to disable the passenger airbag, because this could do your dog serious harm in a crash.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

Many rules in Highway Code are advisory only.
It is not a crime to break these but if you do and have an accident, that could be used as evidence against you.
The legal rules say, "YOU MUST......." Breaking these is a criminal offence.

That's how I understand the Highway Code.

Michael Rolls

me too - although I haven't seen the new one yet
Mike
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

The new Highway Code states it is illegal to have a
birthday party in the middle of the road..
It is permissible if  a street...(.Rule No  10.)

zoony

Unless you're on bicycles.. :grin:

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on January 30, 2022, 10:15:07 AM

If you want to clip it to the seatbelt on the front passenger seat, you'll first need to disable the passenger airbag, because this could do your dog serious harm in a crash.

Which is probably why most people have their dog in the back.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Alex on January 30, 2022, 02:53:53 PM
Which is probably why most people have their dog in the back.
Must admit it never dawned on me. Fleur always travelled on the front seat - until Veronica died, Fleur was on her lap, afterwards I clipped Fleur's lead to the seatbelt. She liked being in the car, but what she really loved was the motorhome, when she could down on all the lesser dogs in mere motorcars!
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

Dogs need clipping in somehow. It never occurred to me till I had to slam on my achors hard because somebody obviously missed seeing me and reversed out of a driveway into my path. Our remaining yorkie Tip shot from the rear seat into the back of my seat with quite a force. Luckily she was relatively unhurt but we at least clipped her in place after that.