Elsie rides the bus...

Started by Scrumpy, May 04, 2022, 08:54:06 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I can't show you where pensioners were living like Kings under the Labour government..
However.. the Government, of my choice, is doing little to put the problem right..

Many seem to bury their head when a problem doesn't affect them.. and I am not just talking politicians here.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 04, 2022, 12:26:28 PM

I can't show you where pensioners were living like Kings under the Labour government..
However.. the Government, of my choice, is doing little to put the problem right..

Many seem to bury their head when a problem doesn't affect them.. and I am not just talking politicians here.

It's a case of being able to accept things can't be just put right by the Government.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I think it would be nice if they showed some sign of trying though.

Taking VAT off fuel bills would be a start.

Is the Labour idea of a windfall tax on energy companies totally outrageous? I don't know but there are going to be millions don't think it would be. My view is that it would be unlikely to yield enough to make any difference. The advantage of being in opposition is that you can put forward all sorts of schemes that almost certainly wouldn't work but will sound like they might. Giving £150 rebate on council tax bills is just a joke and for many would not cover the increased costs on household bills in the first month.

Scrumpy

If pensioners were given a decent State Pension.. which they deserve.. and have been waiting many years for.. There wouldn't be any need for the 'handout's' that they have to be grateful for..

I can't remember the rise they were given this year..
Was it 3 pounds a week..?   A loaf of bread.!!  But not spread with best butter.. and certainly no jam..

Michael Rolls

after tax my increase is £2.23 per week -won't let it change my way of life
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

We get a % rise.. When the percentage is based on a small amount the rise is small.
Bigger pay packets equal bigger rises and the gap becomes wider..

2 pounds. 23 pence.. !!  Bloody insulting..

Michael Rolls

But I promise not to spend it all at once!
Mike😞😞
[email protected]

klondike

Look on the bright side though - I'm pretty sure you can spend it how like. Not enough to spend on anything illegal after all.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]