He doesn't debate with Israelis

https://twitter.com/i/status/1763523974082838791

He's also going after TalkRadio/TV
@georgegalloway
I have referred broadcast comments by Kevin O'Sullivan on
@TalkTV  to my lawyers  with a view to beginning libel proceedings immediately
3:18 PM · Mar 1, 2024

Ashy

Although it's nothing to do with us personally or even as a country of today, the British government of the day did influence the League of Nations to promote Zionism. When the Zionists and arabs turned on the British in 1946 'we' left them to it. I doubt if the immediate post war government had the resources to do anything else.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on March 01, 2024, 05:21:54 PMHe doesn't debate with Israelis

https://twitter.com/i/status/1763523974082838791

He's also going after TalkRadio/TV
@georgegalloway
I have referred broadcast comments by Kevin O'Sullivan on
@TalkTV  to my lawyers  with a view to beginning libel proceedings immediately
3:18 PM · Mar 1, 2024

I'm very sure that the Israelis have no interest in debating with him.
In fact I'm sure that also applies to all thinking people in this country.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

muddy

George Galloway 
A hate monger  who has licked ,not only saucers of milk but the @.........s of any murderous dictator going .

Scrumpy

Quote from: JBR on March 01, 2024, 03:45:46 PMThe really sad thing is that those who do vote for people who appear to be a real threat to our country and our freedom are too stupid to work out the eventual consequences for us all, including themselves of course.
Unfortunately
  'THOSE that do vote for the people who appear to be a real threat to our country and freedom are too stupid to work out the consequences for us all'
are the people who are threat to our country.. And not stupid at all.. It has worked out just as they planned..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 02, 2024, 10:50:07 AMUnfortunately
  'THOSE that do vote for the people who appear to be a real threat to our country and freedom are too stupid to work out the consequences for us all'
are the people who are threat to our country.. And not stupid at all.. It has worked out just as they planned..

Of course, the ones who are behind these 'marches' and who encourage them are the dangerous ones who want to change our country into a colony of the Middle-East.
The ones with the flags, parading and chanting, are the easily-led fools who are too stupid to understand what they are doing.

Raven

I'm not keen on George Galloway but he's certainly got Sunak and Starmer rattled, and that IMO, is not a bad thing.  :busted:

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 02, 2024, 10:50:07 AMUnfortunately

Wasn't that said about those of us who voted for Brexit?

We were insulted & told we were too thick, racist etc & shouldn't have been allowed to vote.

The voters of Rochdale are now being subject to the same appalling insults.

I certainly have no time for people who can't accept the result a democratic vote.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I'd accept the result if I felt it was genuinely democratic.  Nigel doesn't seem to think so. Postal votes were over 40%.  

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1872818/nigel-farage-george-galloway-rochdale-postal-voting
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Too late to tackle the problem of postal votes before the next election. Labour might if they get in and think they are now a detriment to them rather than an assistance.

I have a postal vote as we used to be away from home for a lot of the year in the static caravan. I'm not certain exactlt where my nearest polling station is now as the old library where it used to be was sold off but the chances are it will be within a couple of hundred yards.

JBR

I, too, have used a postal vote every since it became available.

Unfortunately, now it has become easily abused, it should be removed apart from certain people, as discussed.
Of course, I'd have to take a ten minute walk there (and ten back) to post my vote.  However, I think that would have far more benefit to this country than my 'inconvenience'.
The important thing is to help avoid illegal support for 'certain religious' political organisations.

Michael Rolls

I have a postal vote - got it, as did Veronica, when her disability worsened. To get to the polling station (no parking available) would have entailed pushing her in a wheelchair for a mile, then a mile back - great if it happened to be raining. I still retain the postal vote because even without a wheelchair to push, I can no longer walk a mile, never mind two
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

You clearly have a legitimate claim on a postal vote. I don't anymore and would have no gripe if things were tightened up.

Obviously we don't want large ampounts of council workers time being spent on eligibility but I'd say they could make a start by limiting them to blue badge holders, students who should be strictly limited to either their home town or university town, members of the armed services and probably pensioners. Many pensioners such as me don't need one but an automatic grant would reduce the worlkoad of assessing claims from anybody not in the automatic grant groups.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 03, 2024, 03:58:37 PMYou clearly have a legitimate claim on a postal vote. I don't anymore and would have no gripe if things were tightened up.

Obviously we don't want large ampounts of council workers time being spent on eligibility but I'd say they could make a start by limiting them to blue badge holders, students who should be strictly limited to either their home town or university town, members of the armed services and probably pensioners. Many pensioners such as me don't need one but an automatic grant would reduce the worlkoad of assessing claims from anybody not in the automatic grant groups.
They should indeed, and your final list would work in the majority of cases of suspected illegal vote-controlling.
The vast majority of votes must be done in person and, at the polling station, in supervised privacy to avoid any controlling by 'dictating partners' (not of any specific race, of course!).

Alex

He will be sworn in this afternoon at 2.30pm, but he was at Parliament first thing !  :grin:  Apparently he needs to be flanked by 2 MPs during the swearing in ceremony, these will be the longest-serving MP Conservative Sir Peter Bottomley and surprise surprise Jeremy Corbyn.  :smiley: