Day at the seaside.

Started by Scrumpy, March 10, 2022, 11:05:24 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

When we were kids we got really excited with a coach trip to the seaside.. We didn't have a car ( not posh) so the coach was the only way to travel..
We spoke and dreamed about it for days..
My mind only seems to remember the day being spent under the pier in Littlehampton waiting for 6pm to get back on the coach.. out of the rain..!
I thought our childhood was all sunny days..!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Sadly, once dad became bed-ridden, holidays and excursions became out of the question
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

We always went on holiday by train. These days that would probably cost more than the holiday.

crabbyob

when i first joined a working mans club, i thought it was an amazing institution, the entertainment was usually very good [it was Granny :smiley: ] it was very social, you could go have a game of snooker darts or domino's while your bride played Bingo, we had a fishing section a football team, a male members outing [dont Phil] a ladies outing, a senior members outing, but the one that impressed me most was the Childrens outing, where you joined and payed into it as often as you liked, and every penny you paid in you got back in a paypacket on the day you got taken to the seaside, each child also got a paypacket with some spends in it, this was the only time most kids got to the seaside, i am sat here smiling at the very thought of all those smiling faces, and [on my bus anyway] we had a sing-a-long going and returning, the fathers were often pissed up... happy days, lost and gone forever...

Scrumpy

Come to think of it.. I don't think they have a pier at Littlehampton..
Where the hell was I..??

klondike

Worthing is next door and has one.
So does Brighton a bit further east. That one is bigger and Brighton has always been a popular seaside resort.

crabbyob

not remembering where you were is not a symptom
not knowing where you are, is...

klondike

That's why we have sat navs. Trouble is they don't work in the house  :sad:

crabbyob

Scrumpy

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Last time I take your advice crabbyob. I've just had to crawl to where I keep some scissors to cut it off  :nooo:

crabbyob

i use different coloured string for different rooms, i should have mentioned that...

klondike

Now he says!

:moon:

[automatically pruned due to age]

crabbyob