The New Prime Minister / Runners and Riders

Started by Cassandra, July 07, 2022, 10:19:02 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Quote from: Alex on July 10, 2022, 05:30:30 PMJuly 10, 2022, 05:36:14 PM
Guido's latest
Do you think the rankings are on a par with the pictures. Several have changed sex as has Hunt along with gaining a bit of a tan.  :nooo:

Alex

Guido is usually on the ball, I didn't notice the photos !!! :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Heat hasn't addled your brain yet then....

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Don't forget both Susnake and Penny Mordaunt got their stalls up early (The former almost before Johnson expired)! So they would take early leads. Gruppenfurer Schapps was struggling to get together even 8 votes, so has evaporated at a first ask of 20 votes to qualify thank god. He now clicks heels to his teutonic cousin Tugenhadt. This devoted remoaner is now trying to convince everyone that he loves Brexit! Only thing going for him is he opposes Mrs Johnson's green rubbish. Truss similarly opines against nett - zero etc, but is a full through Remainer and May worshipper.

New boy Pakistani born Rehman Chishti is a Leaver, who stood for Labour in the 2005 General Election. Can't see him making up 20 votes, but perhaps he appeals to the Pakistan originated leavers, whereas fellow ethnic Sajid Javid an ex Big EU Banker is a full-on Remainer?

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

What a depressing lot. I expect they will put somebody in charge who guarantees they lose the next election.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 12, 2022, 05:35:22 PMWhat a depressing lot. I expect they will put somebody in charge who guarantees they lose the next election.
[/quotAnd there
Quote from: klondike on July 12, 2022, 05:35:22 PMWhat a depressing lot. I expect they will put somebody in charge who guarantees they lose the next election.

And there's at least a 50% chance of doing it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Diasi

I imagine that the majority of people will take this election process on face-value with MPs voting for the candidates who they think will be the best leader / PM.

However, this isn't the case. Most MPs will vote for who they think will be the leader who will help them up the political career ladder.

This is why Badenoch did far better than expected & Suella Braverman did far worse that expected.

In reality what's happening is some of the MPs who want Sunak to become leader will have voted for Badenoch & will continue to do so as they'll want her in the final two on the membership ballot paper.

This is because they know that it's the only way that Sunak stands a chance of getting elected.

The bulk of the membership don't like Sunak, but he'd be the choice if was him or Badenoch.

Penny Mordaunt will thrash Sunak in the membership ballot which is why is why Sunak's supporters will be peddling as much negativity about her as possible.

P.S. For all you who would happily choose Badenoch, one of her main aims is to scrap the Winter Fuel Allowance for those pensioners who don't get Pension Credit.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I wonder just how rosy those career prospects will be in opposition. If Sunak becomes leader the only cabinet positions he'll be offering in a couple of years will be in his shadow cabinet. Assuming he even keeps the job after the election defeat of course.

Sheila

I think that Lord Frost has drastically reduced the chance of Penny Mordaunt getting in.  He said she is useless and he often did not know where she was.  He also said she is woke although trying to deny it now.

klondike

I'll just repeat an earlier post I made in this thread. With this lot being the choice it's time to invest in this booming business...

Diasi

Quote from: Sheila on July 14, 2022, 09:14:56 AMI think that Lord Frost has drastically reduced the chance of Penny Mordaunt getting in.  He said she is useless and he often did not know where she was.  He also said she is woke although trying to deny it now.

Well what did I just a few posts up!

Mud slinging in a desperate attempt to stop her getting to a membership vote
[email protected]

Jacqueline

What a shower, don't want any of them.  It's a damned shame that the Tory membership will only get the final two losers, sorry winners to choose from I am sure they could make a better choice.

Whoever from this lot becomes PM they have lost the next election, as I think a large chunk of voters will desert them, probably not to Labour directly but will not vote at all. I wouldn't vote for a party with one of that lot in charge, immigrant multi millionare with non dom wife, remainers, wokes, middle management type women, no way.  I voted for the Tories (damned for all eternity!) because Boris was the leader, I know many thought the same and it was he who got them the landslide election results.