The New Prime Minister / Runners and Riders

Started by Cassandra, July 07, 2022, 10:19:02 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

My understanding his "offer" of tax cuts was over a period starting a long time in the future. i.e. never. I'm hoping Mis Trust appoints a tax cutting chancellor.

hugh

I do not believe many members trust Rishi, and most believe he was planning the removal of Boris for some time. Party gate I feel he was the biggest contributor of information,
Happy Golfer

Diasi

Quote from: Ashy on August 03, 2022, 08:16:18 PMA Yougov poll now places Miss Trust agead of Suki by some 30% although of course they only have their respondents' word for it that they are party members or not.

That figure is more or less the same as the latest poll of the panel of Conservative Home who are all Party members.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

The trouble with Conservative Home polls is that the panel is picked. Come to that all poll results come from a picked by somebody demographic and all can be manipulated to say whatever those commisioning the poll wants.

Those numbers may be correct or may be biased one way or another. We have no way of judging.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes." J. Stalin

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on August 05, 2022, 08:04:42 AMThe trouble with Conservative Home polls is that the panel is picked. Come to that all poll results come from a picked by somebody demographic and all can be manipulated to say whatever those commisioning the poll wants.

Those numbers may be correct or may be biased one way or another. We have no way of judging.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes." J. Stalin

I've said exactly the same thing & the panel are probably all in London or Oxford or Cambridge.

What I should have mentioned yesterday is that the figures given by Conservative Home are, allegedly, from a panel of the 11% of undecided Party members so the 30% is 30% of 11%.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I take little notice of polls..  
If you ask people in Reigate who is the best hairdresser they will say Antonio..
 If you ask people in Redhill they will say Billy
and Crawley will vote for  Mo's  

It all depends on the area and the people you choose to ask..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 05, 2022, 08:40:09 AMI take little notice of polls.. 
If you ask people in Reigate who is the best hairdresser they will say Antonio..
 If you ask people in Redhill they will say Billy
and Crawley will vote for  Mo's 

It all depends on the area and the people you choose to ask..

Probably both would make better PM's too? :wink:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Mo of Crawley wouldn't.. He is of foreign blood..  :grin: :grin:

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

klondike

Diasi

I've had an email from CCHQ to confirm that my vote, which I submitted electronically within a few minutes of receiving my ballot papers, has been recorded.

CCHQ will now know for certain that members are voting without watching the hustings.

There were some recent mischievous MSM reports that members could change their original votes & vote more than once & that the mpst recent vote is the one that would be accepted.

I can confirm that these reports were purely malicious & CCHQ confirmed that to vote twice would be an offence & any offending members would also be expelled from the party.

I've been invited to attend a Zoom meeting with Liz Truss's campaign team this Wednesday evening so I might just have a look.
[email protected]

klondike

TBH I'm not overly concerned how often Conservative Party members vote as neither candidate seems to me to be worth a tinker's fart.

I thought that the original idea was a postal vote plus the ability to change their mind. A very appropriate idea imo considering the number of U turns over the last couple of years.

Diasi

Dear

Thank you for voting.

Please treat this email as confirmation that we have recorded your vote for our next leader. No further action is required.

It is an offence to vote more than once - any member found to have intentionally voted more than once will have their Party membership withdrawn.

If you believe the information included in this email is not correct, please report this immediately to [email protected] citing your full name, membership number and date of birth.

Yours sincerely,

[email protected]