Banning baddies

Started by crabbyob, December 02, 2021, 09:14:03 PM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

should anyone be allowed to join and abuse any subject or should there be a probationery period

klondike

If you mean here then only PF posters will stay for long as no other IDs will be allowed and we know what to expect. Most will only know about this by invitation which is a problem as the only emails I have are yours zoony Alex22 and Scrumpy.

You and zoony are the only folks I have let know this board exists because I don't want to undermine the forum. Feel free to tell others if you want to because if the real PF does go then right now it's Goodnight Vienna because this backup won't be found and 3 posters ain't a forum.

I think I have fixed the email problem so the forum should now be able to handle lost passwords and could be set to require email confirmation plus some prerequisite number of posts before gaining normal posting rights.

I think if they end up here I'd ask Raven and Mac to be official moderators. I'd be too quick to bin folks off so wouldn't trust myself to do the job. If you recal I was at war with the dynamic duo within a couple of days.

crabbyob

i see no reason not to inform other friends, so i  will forward your invite.. :evil:

Raven

I am in touch with Hugh through Facebook so I can let him know about here. Do you want to bring people over just now and have the two forums running together?

GrannyMac

Hi folks! Feeling privileged to be included.  Nice one klondike. 👏🏼

Thanks to Scrumpy for sharing her email address, and to crabbyob for pointing me in the right direction.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

crabbyob

i think our general plan is to have this as a back up... Mike has joined us...i think...i'm confused...

Raven

Confused? Isn't that Mike's Line?  :evil:

klondike

I think the confusion must be how he found this place. Perhaps it's an imposter.
===  Update ===
I have checked and I'm pretty much certain that Mike is indeed Mike.

Anyway yes the plan is not to use this as a forum but just to have it ready just in case. I would prefer folks to register and make one post at least so we know who is aware. Don't forget to bookmark it.

My ideal would be for Chris to bring the forum software up to date and find some reliable hosting.

Michael Rolls

Well, I'm sure I'm me as well - I think!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

well done old chap, and wellcom

Michael Rolls

Smug sense of satisfaction that I can recognise the guy in the mirror!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Quote from: GrannyMac on December 14, 2021, 07:36:50 PM
Hi folks! Feeling privileged to be included.  Nice one klondike. 👏🏼

Thanks to Scrumpy for sharing her email address, and to crabbyob for pointing me in the right direction.

You said it for me GrannyMac.

crabbyob

you said it too Sheila, welcome, if you have anyone elses e-mail perhaps you could invite them to join us... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Sheila

No, I don't know any others.  Scrumpy is the only person I have ever contacted.