« previous - next »

crabbyob

Michael Rolls

and may stay that way!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

No point in repeating past opinions here I'm afraid, the batting faults are now too tiresome to endure further. Personally I won't be tuning in again, it's not even worth recording.

Considering the England Squad are paid in excess of a million each yearly by the TCCB, we are obviously in trouble if these people are supposedly the best.

The game is set to die (in the 5 day format) soon anyway ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Can't help but feel that the way the English first class game is marginalised in favour of pyjama frolics has much for which to answer. Can't make up my mind as to whether or not I am brave enough to watch the highlights of the final day.
Root said that the 18 members of the squad are the best available. Assuming he is correct, heaven help the future of English cricket.
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

now you know how us Scots football fans have felt for the past forty years.. :nooo:

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Cassandra

Third highest scorer for England after Root and Burns in the past 12 months of English Test Cricket is 'extras' - says it all really. In the old days (50's) the team went out by boat. They then played several 'State Matches' before the Tests, it was called acclimatising. Nowadays, no preparation, everything rushed. With inferior players is this nadir really surprising?

zoony

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 28, 2021, 09:00:31 PM
Can't help but feel that the way the English first class game is marginalised in favour of pyjama frolics has much for which to answer. Can't make up my mind as to whether or not I am brave enough to watch the highlights of the final day.
Root said that the 18 members of the squad are the best available. Assuming he is correct, heaven help the future of English cricket.
Mike

If that were true of England players then logic implies that it's the same situation for the other Test nations but it doesn't seem to be, 'specially the Antipodeans..

Michael Rolls

Haven't checked precisely, but I am pretty sure that the Aussies play less domestic pyjama games than in England, and they haven't marginalised their first class game in the manner of the ECB
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

well its not holding the Indians back any, and most teams have Foriegners..
but being honest, did any of you doubt the team before they left to vist Oz?

Michael Rolls

Sadly, very much so - although I never expected them to be this hopeless
Mike
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 31, 2021, 01:24:08 PM
Sadly, very much so - although I never expected them to be this hopeless
Mike

Sorry but I did, not being clever just expectant of continuing decline. From attitude, skill and their destination, everything was going South ...

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

crabbyob

but please never lose sight of the fact they are 'YOUR' team... :nooo:

Michael Rolls

of course they are
Mike
[email protected]