Wordle

Started by Flying Bomb, February 02, 2022, 03:54:15 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Well you could on a day but it's a new one each day. You can have as many goes as you've got browsers and devices too of course as there is no login. It may even pick up where you left off if you revisit it from the same device. This is my desktop and I was on my tablet when I left it earlier.

Scrumpy

Ahh!!!   I only do it on my phone..  Can't be arsed with doing it here there and everywhere..  :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I'd never manage it on my phone with my sausage fingers. I've now added it to my favorites - I was going back to the link here every time I saw it mentioned before.

I didn't manage to make the other one work on phones. I tried a few things but none worked. The trouble is I don't know javascript which is what it's written in and I've no real interest in learning it.

Scrumpy

Today I got it in 6.. phew!

klondike

Reminded.

An excuse to to put off starting on that drain....  :smiley:

klondike

Lucky did it in 4
Unlucky running out of excuses. Perhaps a coffee...

GrannyMac

Well done klondike, 6 for me.  Worst one so far.   :cry:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I had 4 letters after 2 goes one in the right place. After getting the answer I think if I'd spent more effort on my next go I'd have had it in 3. Hindsight makes a lot obvious though.

I assume you have to use real words and can't just bung in random letters.

Scrumpy

My first word only had one letter showing... In the wrong place..!!

klondike

I always bung a couple of vowels in my first word. Mine had one in the wrong place too and not a vowel so my next word used two different vowels and that bumped me to 3 letters one in the right place. It was the second letter. And that narrowed down possible first letters a lot. Despite all that thought I've still had a couple of days using 5  :sad:

Google letter frequencies in English words. It will help.

Sheila

It was a difficult one today.  I had three letters in the correct place but then there were a number of words it could have been.  Paul couldn't do it and told me I wouldn't be able to but I got it off in five much to his disgust  :smiley:

Scrumpy

I beat Paul.. :clap: :yahoo: 

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I got it in 5 too today

Scrumpy

Alex beat Paul too.. :clap: :yahoo:  Paul you are a loooooo..ser.. !!