Robert Burns

Started by Yogi, January 25, 2022, 09:42:29 AM

« previous - next »

Yogi

well guys its been a wee while, but being a Scotch Black Bear, i feel my hackles rising because its January the 25th an important day in the lives of all true Jocks its Burns Nite the night that Scots all over the world gather together and celibrate the true Bard of Ayr, so ma kilt and all the acoutriments are laid out ready, i will have an early lunch reserving my appetite for the Burns's supper later tonight. Haggis is a surprisingly tasty dish that gets a bad press south of the border, yet samples are flown to all parts of the world from Argentina to Zanzibar, north, south, east and west, tonight all over the world a Kilted Scholar will address a large Haggis
Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o the puddin'-race!
Abin them a' ye tak your place,
Painch, tripe, or thairm:
Weel are ye worthy o' a grace
As lang's my arm.

Followed by The Selkirk Grace

Some hae meat but canny eat
ithers hae nane bit want it
but we hae meat, an we can eat, so may the lord be thanket

so there you have it "Heres tae us, an whas like us... Damn few"
Dogs Rule

Scrumpy

Whatever it was you said I agree with.. They don't sell Haggis at the Co-op..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

they do at ours (or did last time I went in) but perhaps not surprising. I like it, but Veronica didn't
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

There's been a shortage since the hunting with dogs ban was enacted. The little buggers run much too fast to shoot easily.

-Oy-

A shall be raising a glass of the good stuff this evening and yelling "Lang may yer lum reek!" at passing dog walkers!  :yahoo:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on January 25, 2022, 10:26:36 AM
There's been a shortage since the hunting with dogs ban was enacted. The little buggers run much too fast to shoot easily.
And can't they burrow fast!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Yes. Mind you it seems the ban was lifted according to this piece and I was out of date.

https://theplatypusnews.com/2020/03/14/shock-as-despite-ban-haggis-hunting-resumes-in-the-scottish-highlands/#:~:text=News%20from%20the%20Natural%20World,to%20slaughter%20the%20iconic%20animal.

"SHOCK as Haggis Hunting resumes in the Scottish Highlands"

March 14, 2020
Leave a Commenton "SHOCK as Haggis Hunting resumes in the Scottish Highlands"
News from the Natural World: The Scottish Government has decided to overturn the ban on Haggis Hunting.
News from the Natural World: The Scottish Government has decided to overturn the ban on Haggis Hunting. They have given the green light for hunters to slaughter the iconic animal.

Alex

Years since I've had haggis with neeps and tatties, but it was ok..........as far as I remember !