Question about tomorrow

Started by JBR, March 30, 2024, 09:15:48 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

I'd like some help regarding the clocks tomorrow.

Am I correct that we "fall forward" and "spring back"?

I always get confused about the two.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

We get lighter evenings yes? The only way that happens is if the clock is telling us it is later that it would have been prior to the change so they go forward tonight.

Mups

No, JBR.    :smiley:

It's the opposite. 

Spring forward . . . .  Fall back

So we put them forward one hour tonight. 

GrannyMac

Or, wait til you get up and look at your phone, iPad, TV etc.  They change by magic!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

I only change our clocks when they need replacing.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

JBR

Well, it's now nearly two o'clock, and I must say that I enjoyed the extra hour of sleep last night.

ansu

Extra hour of sleep - you are joking. They stole us one hour and we will get it back by the end of October. 
Luckily most clocks change automatically nowadays.

JBR

Quote from: ansu on March 31, 2024, 04:49:52 PMExtra hour of sleep - you are joking. They stole us one hour and we will get it back by the end of October.
Luckily most clocks change automatically nowadays.
Yes!  I was joking, of course!

I have always been of the opinion, though, that this changing of the clocks twice every year is completely unnecessary, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that view.

klondike

I don't mind them giving it the heave ho but only if they decide to stick on BST or even BST+1. All those wastedchours of daylight in the summer months when just about anybody not a member of Brian's running club is in bed asleep. Can't count farmers - they ignore the clock anyway. Scotland will object but they go their own way on most things so can include the official time too if they want.

I ignore it for the most part too. Went to bed later than usual last night with the consequence I was up way later by the clock. Manually changed two clocks. Most automatic. Some ignored.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 31, 2024, 06:25:11 PMI don't mind them giving it the heave ho but only if they decide to stick on BST or even BST+1. All those wastedchours of daylight in the summer months when just about anybody not a member of Brian's running club is in bed asleep. Can't count farmers - they ignore the clock anyway. Scotland will object but they go their own way on most things so can include the official time too if they want.

I ignore it for the most part too. Went to bed later than usual last night with the consequence I was up way later by the clock. Manually changed two clocks. Most automatic. Some ignored.
I ignore my cuckoo clock.  That remains on GMT.
I'll have to change others, but perhaps I'll leave the kitchen clock to Marge.