You Have to Laugh

Started by Alex, February 18, 2024, 05:46:32 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 19, 2024, 05:56:33 PMWhat I meant was we will be the forgotten England..
The above will be a description of how it was..
 Past times...
Yes, perhaps not after twenty years, but perhaps a long time afterwards this country will be gone completely, at least as we know it now.
In fact, it may be completely desolate after the muslims have either killed each other or been killed by a completely new race.

Most things grow, like a plant or an empire, and then die and return to the earth.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

1955vintage

I think bacon sandwiches will be the tipping point. When they become illegal, there will be riots.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 19, 2024, 05:56:33 PMWhat I meant was we will be the forgotten England..
The above will be a description of how it was..
 Past times...
Not just England Scrumpy, the whole of Britain. 😢
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

As a member of Republic I regard this as non-news & nothing to get wound-up about.

There are far more serious things to fill that void.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Yes, but it's another thread for us to 'discuss' and banter.... n'est ce pas ?  :smiley:

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on February 20, 2024, 08:18:32 AMYes, but it's another thread for us to 'discuss' and banter.... n'est ce pas ?  :smiley:
Had it been posted in The Chat Room it would have been an indication to me that it was only intended as a bit of discussion & banter & not serious discussion as per the General Discussion board.

Someone on GB News, this morning, had the same view as me which is that it's not important & the so-called 4th plinth is just for a bit of fun.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Yes we really need a moderator to move stuff around don't we? I mean I avoid looking in Chat because General is so full of really great stuff every day isn't it and I'm just so busy these days too.

klondike

Quote from: muddy on February 19, 2024, 07:59:57 AMI wonder what trans sex worker art looks like ?
I took a chance and asked Google. Apparently there is an exhibition at Tate Modern. I won't be going myself but if you are really curious here is a puff piece (apologies for the unintenional pun)

Salacia uses split-screen montages of archival footage and 16mm film to imagine a dream of freedom for 19th-century trans sex worker Mary Jones

Tourmaline brings the lives of transgender figures from history into focus across her artistic and activist practice. Salacia, her 6-minute film, centres on the story of Mary Jones, a Black trans woman and sex worker who lived in New York City in the 19th century. Jones was imprisoned in 1836 for stealing a man's wallet, and was subsequently subject to intensive public and tabloid scrutiny and abuse. Tourmaline encountered her story in the New York municipal archives through court transcripts and press lithographs.

More if you must -  https://www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-modern/display/artist-and-society/tourmaline

muddy

How one wonders are they going to put that on the plinth ?

JBR

Quote from: muddy on February 20, 2024, 12:17:29 PMHow one wonders are they going to put that on the plinth ?
I disagree with Diasi's suggestion that the fourth plinth is just for a bit of fun.
This is a national memorial and pertains to people who have been important to this country.

As for Khan't, I suspect that he is trying to make the vacant plinth into a bit of fun, and that his ultimate intention after any complaints have died down, I suspect, is to add a statue of himself.  After all, he sees himself as being far above others in importance and, worse, is clearly doing all he can to create Londonistan as our first majority muslim city.

The sooner there is a British uprising, the more chance of our keeping our country and its history what it has always been for a thousand years... until the 21st Century turned, a white British country.

Am I being racist?

No.  I have no problem with non-white people and, in fact, have friends and professionals who help me who are not white.  Many are a real benefit to this country.  However, it must now be clear to even the most accepting and apologetic that the country is changing beyond what is safe.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

muddy

It's not the colour of their skins but the colour of their attitudes that is the problem .

klondike

ansu

An interesting discussion - I didn't know religion plays such an important role in the UK. 
I have the impression that here in Germany religion only plays an important role for a minority, but maybe I am wrong. 
When we moved into the town where I live now, catholics were a minority and marriages between a protestant and a catholic were quasi forbidden, today it's normal and religion is a minor matter. Many people leave church. Probably in big German cities the situation is different and they also have problems with muslims.

klondike

Christianity plays very little part in UK life these days. It's pretty much only Allah that gets disturbed these days while Yaweh is very much a part timer.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on February 20, 2024, 12:29:05 PMI disagree with Diasi's suggestion that the fourth plinth is just for a bit of fun.
This is a national memorial and pertains to people who have been important to this country.
It wasn't my idea, it was how a GB News guest, who knew about the plinths & how they were intended to be used, described it's purpose.

I merely agreed with her summation.

We already have statues of Lizzie Windsor so we don't need another one. 
[email protected]