I’m in

Started by Scrumpy, December 17, 2021, 03:51:47 PM

« previous - next »

hugh

I have joined I was slow in finding you. Because I could not log into the PF I rejoined the Common room which was set up by Nigel and Jane once members of the PF.  https://thecommonroom.createaforum.com/index.php It was this break away that got the PM system stopped on the PF. They had no intention of leaving but got banned by Chris. Hugh
Happy Golfer

klondike

Good to see you Hugh.

Really not sure where PF is heading which is why this site is here. If Chris banned everybody who registered there would be no PF left so I doubt it will happen. I set this up but haven't promoted it as I thought that was asking for trouble. Scrumpy got impatient but all that happened was the posts got taken down.

klondike

Things seem to be slow at thecommonroom. I registered but they seem to manually authorise new signups. GOM do that too and I've heard nothing in well over a couple of weeks.

hugh

Hi klondike the PF certainly in a mess. Today is the first time in a week I was able to log in but I didn't post.
I will have a word with Nigel and see what the hold up is for new members. They do need new blood. The CR would be a good place to go with so few members we could all carry on as normal.
Happy Golfer

klondike

I only applied last night. It's GOM that aren't responsive.

I'll be interested to see how the common room is faring after the divorce. Might be somewhere for me as well as here should Chris decide I've earned a ban too. I can't see what the problem is having multiple sites with members in common but I wasn't around to see the row.

Raven

Well I certainly won't be looking to join GOM or Commonroom or anywhere else. If the PF closes, or we all get banned then that's that as far as I'm concerned. :hmm: I like it here and unless klondie closes it down then here I'll stay.  :clap: As some of you know I have also been a member of another forum for many years, and I do still go there daily to say Good Morning to "The Scottish Clan"  :tongue: but since it's massive makeover I don't take part in much at all. It was a huge mistake on the owners part, and he's lost a hell of a lot of people who now hate it. :ugh:
I have no intention of spending anymore time on the computer than I already do.  :nooo:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on December 25, 2021, 09:43:15 AM
I only applied last night. It's GOM that aren't responsive.

I'll be interested to see how the common room is faring after the divorce. Might be somewhere for me as well as here should Chris decide I've earned a ban too. I can't see what the problem is having multiple sites with members in common but I wasn't around to see the row.

I understand that when the rival site was being set up it generated a lot of bad will, especially with the involvement of a waste-of-space so-called Canadian woman who was one of the PF moderators.

It seems that PF became a lot better after they'd all cleared off.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Raven on December 25, 2021, 11:00:55 AM
since it's massive makeover I don't take part in much at all. It was a huge mistake on the owners part, and he's lost a hell of a lot of people who now hate it. :ugh:
Over50s I assume. I was a rare visitor before but pretty much don't visit at all now.

When I first started playing about setting up a backup forum I initially installed phpBB which is widely used. GOM use it for example.  After playing about with it I decided I didn't like it and few like like change anyway so I stuck with Simple Machines Forum. I made it look very much like PF so people would immediately feel at home.

Michael Rolls

and you are succeeding
Mike  👍👍👍👍
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

hugh

Quote from: Raven on December 25, 2021, 11:00:55 AM
Well I certainly won't be looking to join GOM or Commonroom or anywhere else. If the PF closes, or we all get banned then that's that as far as I'm concerned. :hmm: I like it here and unless klondie closes it down then here I'll stay.  :clap: As some of you know I have also been a member of another forum for many years, and I do still go there daily to say Good Morning to "The Scottish Clan"  :tongue: but since it's massive makeover I don't take part in much at all. It was a huge mistake on the owners part, and he's lost a hell of a lot of people who now hate it. :ugh:
I have no intention of spending anymore time on the computer than I already do.  :nooo:

Raven does it really matter where we post as long as we are altogether. I am pretty sure you would get on well with Nigel the owner and Jane who looks after it. Jane loves walking her dog so you have something in common. I would love to see you join, and you don't need to stay. Nothing wrong being a member two forums. Infact Nigel belongs to the Enid Blyton association. Hugh
Happy Golfer

hugh

klondike
Things seem to be slow at thecommonroom. I registered but they seem to manually authorise new signups. GOM do that too and I've heard nothing in well over a couple of weeks.

At the moment they are trying to avoid any unpleasantness with Chris and signing anyone from the PF. Far better if you joined with a new name so they do not feel guilty all over again.
Happy Golfer

klondike

I'll leave it for now. I don't want to deceive anybody - neither Chris nor them.

Raven

Quote from: hugh on December 25, 2021, 04:21:43 PM

Raven does it really matter where we post as long as we are altogether. I am pretty sure you would get on well with Nigel the owner and Jane who looks after it. Jane loves walking her dog so you have something in common. I would love to see you join, and you don't need to stay. Nothing wrong being a member two forums. Infact Nigel belongs to the Enid Blyton association. Hugh

No thanks Hugh it's not for me. I've been a member of 2 forums for around ten years, PF and another one. This one of klondike's makes it 3 that's more than enough. After the Winter I'll be outside a lot more, garden, farm jobs and the horses, also spending time down in Perth, so I want more off line time not more online time.

hugh

I agree with you klondike. I use my own name where ever I go.

Yes you are certainly keeping busy Raven with forums and Facebook. Just as well Jane (CR) wants to keep her forum small in numbers so a large influx would not be welcome. 
Happy Golfer