I’m in

Started by Scrumpy, December 17, 2021, 03:51:47 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Jacqueline sent me an email today saying she tried to get into this site and was 'forbidden '..
Perhaps it was just a blip..
I assured her that it was still up and running.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I'm not aware of any problems but I have been fiddling about with stuff to see if I can get over the problem with the forum constantly sending emails whenever the PM function is used which would cause my gmail account sending limit to be breached.

I have found the function that is used but it is littered throughout the code. All I'm really othered about is the lost password email working. I saw in the error logs that plenty of folk have been fat fingering logins. Best to check the stay logged in option and not clear the login cookies that get set.

klondike

He'd have binned you off already if he was going to imo.

Alex

How do I make it so I don't have to enter my password every time I log on  ?

zoony

Raven

It's dead easy, Un-tick the minutes to stay in. Tick the wee square underneath, put in your user name and password, hit Log In.  [2090]

zoony

Nope.. Tried several times and it doesn't want to know. Have to keep typing it in.

klondike

I suspect your browser could be  set to clear cookies when you shut it down.

These are my userid and password cookies. As you can see they are encrypted.

Raven

Quote from: zoony on December 23, 2021, 06:28:11 PM
Nope.. Tried several times and it doesn't want to know. Have to keep typing it in.

Don't understand that, I've been signed in to the other forum for over a year.

Alex

Quote from: Raven on December 23, 2021, 08:10:51 PM
Don't understand that, I've been signed in to the other forum for over a year.

My problem is not staying logged in, I do untick the box but having to enter my password everytime I'm here.  On old PF it's always ******** typed in for me.  Not important, just wondering, my cookies are set to delete when I shut down

klondike

At some point you told the browser to save your password when you logged into PF.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on December 23, 2021, 11:26:19 PM
At some point you told the browser to save your password when you logged into PF.

The old site yes, I haven't been given the option on the new site, which is probably down to my PC not new PF.

klondike

Probably. Didn't you say you were on Windows 10S which limits some things. Edge will let you save passwords but maybe that option is disabled by default. That's the nanny state option as I means anybody with the machine password has access to any saved sites. Similarly the clear cookies is probably default too.

I don't clear cookies as it is pointless but don't generally let the browser store passwords. I use  the Bitwarden free password manager instead. Then ruin my security by setting that to never lock  :smiley:  I put a long password on that but typing it in with my sausage fingers is a pain.

Alex

How'd the Dupuytrons coming along  ?

klondike

It's pretty good now and causing me no great problems. Not normal but never will be. The left hand was done 10 years back and that isn't completely normal. Both are a lot better than they were before the operations.

My typing has always been rubbish despite a lifetime working and now playing on computers of one sort or another.