Started by Scrumpy, February 15, 2024, 09:38:14 AM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Shame about the toe of the left shoe  :grin:

dextrous63

The picture could be worth a fortune.  It surely predates the oldest known one taken in 1826/7?  😬

Scrumpy

A lovely photograph Tabby .. How innocent and sweet...

I have a school group pic..  I looked so bloody miserable.. Or perhaps it was my sultry look.. Like a film star.. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I have one of those school groups taken with a turning camera. From memory there was a single black face out of over 1,000. The headmaster had committed suicide within a couple of years of it. The cane was used at that school but infrequently. The worst normal punishment was a Saturday morning detention. It was boys only but is a mixed school now. Head of First year taught RE and was fond of touching the pretty boys thighs. Luckily I wasn't pretty.

JBR

Quote from: Silver Tabby on February 18, 2024, 11:57:03 PMMy first memory is a very hazy one.  I was about 20 months old - being taken to have a photograph done somewhere in Dublin.  Was wearing a striped dress and new white kid shoes.  Stubbed my toe and marked the shoes and, for the first time ever, had my legs slapped!

What a pretty young girl.
And don't mark those new shoes.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Silver Tabby

Quote from: dextrous63 on February 19, 2024, 09:28:46 AMThe picture could be worth a fortune.  It surely predates the oldest known one taken in 1826/7?  😬

You would know more about that than I do, as you must have been around at the time!

February 19, 2024, 11:03:29 AM
Quote from: JBR on February 19, 2024, 10:57:12 AMWhat a pretty young girl.
And don't mark those new shoes.
Too late - look again at the left one - I still have mother's fingerprints on the back of my legs!

JBR

Quote from: Silver Tabby on February 19, 2024, 11:00:27 AMYou would know more about that than I do, as you must have been around at the time!

February 19, 2024, 11:03:29 AMToo late - look again at the left one - I still have mother's fingerprints on the back of my legs!
Naughty girl.  😢
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Do you remember the school nit nurse.. ?

klondike

Yes. I remember when they stopped sending them nits went rampant. An early example of PC was when a child was spotted with nits a general letter was sent out rather than just to the parents of the child with nits.

Scrumpy

We shared our bikes.. A kid was popular if they had one.. 
We would ride on the handlebars.. and sit on the crossbars.. and off we would go.. all over the place..   :grin: :grin:

Scrumpy

I remember the school board man.. I think he would call on those who played truant..

And the gas man who emptied the meters.. He never got mugged..

klondike

What about the man from the Pru.