How sad..

Started by Scrumpy, February 05, 2024, 06:17:19 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Neither are working Royals now anyway. Both sidelined already.

Scrumpy

Harry is coming over to see his dad.. Not Meghan though..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

At last, some good news.

She wouldn't come anyway, as it's not about her.

muddy

It must be serious to get Harry over ..

klondike

Getting cancer in your 70s is always serious. 

JBR

I have often poked fun at Charlie-boy, but I was both shocked and sorry to hear this news.
Not prostate cancer, but possibly bladder or rectal?  I'd have expected it to be picked up earlier before a prostate examination: regular blood tests, etc.
Any way.  I wish him well.  The poor chap has only been king for a few months.  It seems so unfair after his waiting so long, doesn't it?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

It is a shame considering he's so recently got the job!  Must be worrying for him.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: muddy on February 05, 2024, 07:13:38 PMIt must be serious to get Harry over ..

Harold coming over to see how much he can get out of it, eh?  No doubt under orders from Meagain.

Mups

Poor man.

It doesn't matter about him being 'a Royal,'   he is still a human being, and a man with a wife and family.

He didn't have to announce it, I think it was rather brave of him to go public.
The disgusting newspapers and journalists are going to have a field day.

By morning, they will speculating on where the cancer is,  what will be done,  what the rest of the household have said, and how long he's got left!
They don't have a clue about respect.

Raven

Quote from: JBR on February 05, 2024, 07:22:21 PMHarold coming over to see how much he can get out of it, eh?  No doubt under orders from Meagain.

Don't be so bitchy,  :nooo: yes they all fell out but it's still Harry's dad when all's said and done. I hope they can put the rows to bed and get back to being a family. 🤞

muddy

Quote from: Mups on February 05, 2024, 07:49:41 PMPoor man.

It doesn't matter about him being 'a Royal,'  he is still a human being, and a man with a wife and family.

He didn't have to announce it, I think it was rather brave of him to go public.
The disgusting newspapers and journalists are going to have a field day.

By morning, they will speculating on where the cancer is,  what will be done,  what the rest of the household have said, and how long he's got left!
They don't have a clue about respect.

👍

JBR

Quote from: Raven on February 05, 2024, 08:19:36 PMDon't be so bitchy,  :nooo: yes they all fell out but it's still Harry's dad when all's said and done. I hope they can put the rows to bed and get back to being a family. 🤞
We shall see.

What I am sure of is that when William takes over, which hopefully will not be for a long time, Harold is likely to lose his nominal title and, of course, Meagain and her brood likewise.

Am I being nasty again?  😁

Alex

I was sorry to hear about the King's diagnosis.   But my goodness do we have to have it on every bloody channel ? Only Al Jazeera giving out other news.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on February 05, 2024, 09:40:48 PMI was sorry to hear about the King's diagnosis.  But my goodness do we have to have it on every bloody channel ? Only Al Jazeera giving out other news.
Look on the bright side.  It isn't on Netflix or Prime!

klondike

Quote from: Alex on February 05, 2024, 09:40:48 PMI was sorry to hear about the King's diagnosis.  But my goodness do we have to have it on every bloody channel ? Only Al Jazeera giving out other news.
I sometimes skip some bits of Farage on GBNews but this is the first time I've bypassed the lot. Bit of YouTube and off to bed I reckon.