Challenge of the Day.

Started by Diasi, January 23, 2024, 08:31:45 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

This thread is where you can post things where the challenge is not to punch a hole through your screen.

My starter is this clip, but the challenge starts at the 9 minute point.

Feel free to add to it.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

You couldn't make it up..
Now the Chinese are telling us what to do in our country..
And playing the racist card... Even our law are frightened to say anything..
  'You can't touch her.. you are not of her age'   :nooo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

In this country, the copyright in a photograph belongs to the photographer.

Alex

This fella is a regular piano player at the station, what were flag waving Chinese people there for  ?
I can only think they were afraid bosses back in China would see them enjoying western music. 

Alex

Valdo Calocane, who killed three people in Nottingham last year, has had his not guilty plea accepted on the grounds of 'diminished responsibility due to mental illness', instead pleading guilty to manslaughter.

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 23, 2024, 09:22:38 AMYou couldn't make it up..
Now the Chinese are telling us what to do in our country..
And playing the racist card... Even our law are frightened to say anything..
  'You can't touch her.. you are not of her age'  :nooo:
It's true that she is asking the bloke to stop playing, but at least she seems to be asking nicely with a smile on her face, rather than waving a machete at him!

On the other hand, it could be that now that we have shown ourselves to be a very weak country, everyone and their son expects to tell us what to do.
Now whose fault is that?

January 23, 2024, 06:38:42 PM
Quote from: Alex on January 23, 2024, 02:19:52 PM

Valdo Calocane, who killed three people in Nottingham last year, has had his not guilty plea accepted on the grounds of 'diminished responsibility due to mental illness', instead pleading guilty to manslaughter.
Does anyone know what his sentence will be?
I think I can guess.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

I've long thought that people with paranoid schizophrenia, which can never be cured, should be put down.

Humanely of course.

January 24, 2024, 08:25:27 AM
The piano that upset the Chinese when it was being played, has now been cordoned off & has security guards to stop anyone from playing it.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

We are a weak country that allow others to dictate to us.. When did all this happen !!  
Bloody Chinese telling us that playing a piano in public and recording it is wrong..

And as for that killer Valdo Calocane pleading not guilty to murder but guilty of manslaughter because of  diminished responsibility  is the usual 'get out' plea..
He went out with a knife.. I don't go out with a knife !! He was looking for a target..
Whether it is murder or manslaughter the sentence will be the same.. In a couple of years time he would have fooled the medical team assessing him and start reading the bible..

We seem to be housing other peoples crap..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

and too much of it

January 24, 2024, 11:50:30 AM
Actually, I don't think that we are are weak country - we just have had a succession of hopeless, weak governments and our imposed social set up allows to wierdoes to order us about
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on January 24, 2024, 08:22:54 AMThe piano that upset the Chinese when it was being played, has now been cordoned off & has security guards to stop anyone from playing it.
Just one more example of why I feel that 'our country' is no longer that.
It seems that the powers that be tend to support anyone who complains about something on the proviso that they are not English.

When I watch old films set in the war years, and see how we British behaved then, I give up all hope for the future seeing how we behave now.

Even worse, I see no signs of us ever going back to the country we once were.

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on January 24, 2024, 08:22:54 AMJanuary 24, 2024, 08:25:27 AM

The piano that upset the Chinese when it was being played, has now been cordoned off & has security guards to stop anyone from playing it.

No piano playing during Covid either, looks like the Chinese have struck again  :smiley:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on January 24, 2024, 01:58:09 PMNo piano playing during Covid either, looks like the Chinese have struck again  :smiley:

🤣🤣🤣

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on January 24, 2024, 08:22:54 AMI've long thought that people with paranoid schizophrenia, which can never be cured, should be put down.

Humanely of course.

I've read this man was " assessed "  before being allowed to roam freely, got that wrong didn't they !! Just wondering if the same people have "assessed" that he wasn't fit to face a murder charge ?

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on January 25, 2024, 10:39:21 AMI've read this man was " assessed "  before being allowed to roam freely, got that wrong didn't they !! Just wondering if the same people have "assessed" that he wasn't fit to face a murder charge ?

I reckon that 'the voices told me to do it' is a load of rubbish that's used as an excuse.

I challenge any psychiatrist to prove that they've heard the voices in another person's head.

Already the idiots are asking the Judge not to impose a whole life sentence.
[email protected]

Diasi

Well there you go, a cushty hospital order where he'll have his own en-suite room & staff to attend to all his needs.
[email protected]