The Reform Party

Started by Alex, January 02, 2024, 10:22:14 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Big announcement tomorrow it seems, now what could that be ?

REFORM : "Join us for a crucial press conference as we set out our plans for the year ahead.

Watch live on our Twitter, Facebook & YouTube  from 10:55am tomorrow, January 3rd ! "

I'd like to see Nigel take charge, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen. :cool:

klondike

I think that was the rumour. In his recent GBNews shows he's been ripping into both Tories and Labour.

Because the official LibDems (rather than the ones wearing blue rosettes) have rather clumpy support Reform need way more total vote share than they get to even achieve one seat. I find it rather sad that it's the LibDems who are likely to benefit most from Tory failings.

GrannyMac

I think Nige is getting ready for something, anyone else notice the dye job? He's gone blonde. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

There is something wrong with the voting system when one considers that when Farage was vying for election into parliament, UKIP garnered 12% of the vote but acquired not a single seat. 

Ashy

Between half and two thirds of all votes cast go to candidates which are not elected, and roughly half of the votes for elected candidates go to MPs who form the opposition. 

Then the ones that are on the winning side form a government that doesn't even try to represent the British people, and they take their orders from Americans and third party unelected agents.

Then they take the credit for bad weather and blame us for their failures.

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on January 03, 2024, 08:29:43 AMThere is something wrong with the voting system when one considers that when Farage was vying for election into parliament, UKIP garnered 12% of the vote but acquired not a single seat.
The problem with PR is that we'd end up with a hotchpot Parliament with no overall majority that can't function, like they get in Italy most of the time.

It was bad enough with our Tory / Libdem coalition in 2010.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

As opposed to a party with a big majority that demonstrably have failed to function in a way that benefits the electorate.  :boo:

Scrumpy

Yet more rumours and hype..  Either do something positive or stfu..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

They are in no position to do anything but issue statements. They have no power. That of course means that they can't be blamed for any of the current shit show.

Scrumpy

I am talking about Farage.. when I say  'Either do something positive.. Join this party or that party instead of sitting on the fence'.. 
He will be on Big Brother this year.. yet another million in his pocket.. it will all be about the money just like that bloke.. Matt Hancock..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

He hasn't announced anything. It's Reform who have said they will be making an announcement but haven't said what. IMO it is likely to be along the lines that they have a potential candidate in place for every English seat (pointless bothering in Scotland or Wales as they are stitched up already).

Farage's repeat message if asked is "Timing is everything". What he means by that is that it is pointless signing up now if the election is a year away. The furore that will follow any such announcement needs to come in the runup to an election not a year before one comes along.

Reform are doing what any small party with a low budget needs to do attracting press publicity. It costs them nothing yet gets them a mention.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on January 03, 2024, 08:29:43 AMThere is something wrong with the voting system when one considers that when Farage was vying for election into parliament, UKIP garnered 12% of the vote but acquired not a single seat.
Perfectly true.  Consequently, we are likely to see a constant change between the Lib-Cons and Labour for the foreseeable future.

That is, of course, due to us, the voters.  We have been brainwashed for generations that there are only two main parties, and we can choose only one or the other.

It would require an enormous change either to the voting system, or to people's ingrained opinions!
To be honest, I can see no change for the foreseeable future.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Appears to have been Habib standing for Peter Bone's old constabulary of Wellingborough.

The bonehead that is the LibDem leader 'Davey' has announced he's not ruling out an alliance with Dullard Starmer's equally EU enthusiasts!

Poor old England. :cry:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

I do like Ben Habib, I think he would make a better leader than Richard Tice actually.   I've read that Ben stands a good chance in Wellingborough, Peter Bone was a Brexiteer so perhaps they'll elect another one !

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on January 03, 2024, 03:57:05 PMAppears to have been Habib standing for Peter Bone's old constabulary of Wellingborough.

The bonehead that is the LibDem leader 'Davey' has announced he's not ruling out an alliance with Dullard Starmer's equally EU enthusiasts!

Poor old England. :cry:
Indeed.  The Liberals, who haven't formed a government for nearly eighty years, have managed to infiltrate the Conservative party and are now attempting to form an alliance with the party which is likely to form the next government.
Always the bridegroom, never the bride!
If nothing else, the state of government of this sad country is nothing short of interesting. 🤣

Incidentally, did you mean 'constituency' or 'constabulary'?  😉
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire