Reform six-point plan

Started by JBR, December 27, 2023, 10:10:55 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

I have heard many people saying that they can't find out what Reform is stating as its main intentions, should it be elected to government.

A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Fascism it is then🤭🤣🤣🤣

Some might just say it's a greater emphasis on self determination with a tad more isolationism thrown in for good measure.  

Alex

A new Department of Immigration sounds like a great idea to me !

JBR

I find it unbelievable that some people are doing nothing more than poking fun at Reform!

Some people somehow believe that Reform has no chance of being elected to government, but look back for around 100 years and you will see another new party appearing out of nowhere: the Labour Party.

This happened, in my view, because so many people - largely working class - were sick and tired about how they had been treated for many years.

I see a very similar situation right now, here in broken Britain.

Alex

Pray tell who is poking fun at Reform ?  I haven't seen anything on here, is it happening on the
'mother ship' perhaps

dextrous63

Ashy

We can't go on as we are. Reform must be worth a try.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 28, 2023, 11:44:30 AMPray tell who is poking fun at Reform ?  I haven't seen anything on here, is it happening on the
'mother ship' perhaps
Yes, mainly on the 'mother ship', but 'fascism' Dex?

When Labour get into government, and after they have caused even more damage to the country, I shall have the last laugh!

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on December 28, 2023, 12:09:00 PMYes, mainly on the 'mother ship', but 'fascism' Dex?

When Labour get into government, and after they have caused even more damage to the country, I shall have the last laugh!
Ah.  Apologies JB.  I was mocking the suggestion made on PF, and deffo not the 6 point plan.  

Raven

I'm not poking fun at them but, saying it and doing it are two very different things.

dextrous63

True, but maybe they'll actually do it instead of playing lip service like the mainstream parties do while they're trying to please everyone.

At least Reform are being open and honest with their intentions.  If they do get into power, it'll be because a sufficient number of the electorate agree totally with these specific policies, which says something about a stronger mandate not to pussy foot around.

klondike

Labour need a stonking majority with the Tories down to double figures and preferably low double figures then Labour can really screw up big time. After that we may see what is now a very minor party in with a chance. 

The big danger is that with Starmer being such a wet fart that the abysmally performing Tories and his bunch could end up in a hung parliament. That would doom us to ever more of the same. 
Why? 
Because people are bloody stupid and vote to beat what they fear most rather than for what they might actually want. That said there are plenty that don't like Reform or Farage one little bit either,

Raven

It's not them I doubt but all the obstacles that certain groups will put in their way. Example sending migrants to Rowanda.
It won't be easy to do and they will be fought every step of the way by do Gooders, who always seem to get their way.

klondike

Rwanda is a dead duck. Far too expensive anyway.

Why are they leaving France? Because they have to live under ramshackle shelters made using old pallets and tarpaulins (the sort I've seen our own homeless in not far from my house). The sort of place the Donald would designate complete shitholes. Why are we giving them any better? It just encourages them to come.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on December 28, 2023, 03:00:03 PMRwanda is a dead duck. Far too expensive anyway.

Yes I know what your saying about Rwanda. I was just using it as an example of the outcry to be expected, if Reform try to remove any of the migrants from here, no matter if they are legal or illegal. They will not find it easy to alter anything.