Welsh Assembly

Started by Alex, December 13, 2023, 12:24:22 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Mark Drakeford has announced he is stepping down as the Welsh first minister with immediate effect and a leadership contest will take place..

GrannyMac

His wife died earlier this year, perhaps that is partly the reason. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on December 13, 2023, 12:24:22 PMMark Drakeford has announced he is stepping down as the Welsh first minister with immediate effect and a leadership contest will take place..

When I heard this today, I was reminded of a moment when I unblocked a toilet and was so pleased after the foul small had cleared. Good riddance a tyrant and blockhead.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Raven

JBR

I'm sure that most of the indigenous Welsh are proud of their nationality (or provinceality?), but I wonder how many are happy with the way their province has been changed relatively recently, especially thinking about 20 mph speed limits among other things.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

That 20 MPH is a real pain. There is still a lot of it down in Perth. I can't get out of 2nd gear heading across the town from my house to the Kinoull Hill and Woods where I was walking the dog when I was home. I expected things to go back to 30 after covid. BUT..... :yell:

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on December 13, 2023, 04:01:27 PMA Tyrant??

Most certainly to my thinking. His highly divisive 20mph speed limits, currently creating havoc and ill temper everywhere. Opposing TV news channels banned, without appeal from the Senedd internal system, upon his specific dictat, lots more small and mean minded policies. Hardly a scullion of liberty I would suggest and his spectacular outburst (see link) was little short of maniacal. An obdurate tyrant with abilities well below the minimum needed.  However if your a Welsh Nationalist, it all seems quite rational I suppose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr47fwr_m_M&ab_channel=SkyNews

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on December 13, 2023, 02:35:04 PMWhen I heard this today, I was reminded of a moment when I unblocked a toilet and was so pleased after the foul small had cleared. Good riddance a tyrant and blockhead.
Ooh, yes, the gulping sound a toilet makes when it unblocks is really satisfying.  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on December 13, 2023, 04:56:44 PMMost certainly to my thinking. His highly divisive 20mph speed limits, currently creating havoc and ill temper everywhere. Opposing TV news channels banned, without appeal from the Senedd internal system, upon his specific dictat, lots more small and mean minded policies. Hardly a scullion of liberty I would suggest and his spectacular outburst (see link) was little short of maniacal. An obdurate tyrant with abilities well below the minimum needed.  However if your a Welsh Nationalist, it all seems quite rational I suppose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr47fwr_m_M&ab_channel=SkyNews

I think it was BLiar who started all of this breaking-up of the UK.  'Governments' for Scotland, Wales and perhaps even Londonistan which, in the latter case, is now virtually a separate country under Khan't.

'Independence' for different parts of the UK, with quite a lot of self-governance, separate 'laws' (and a plethora of 'civil servants'), is bound to fail in my opinion.
Rather like other bright ideas by the same person!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I've got my own bright idea for him. :nooo: