You couldn't make it up

Started by klondike, November 29, 2023, 04:13:44 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Two stories side by side in Breitbart...

Not Vegan Friendly! London-NY Jet Liner is First to Cross Atlantic Burning 100% Bio Fuel Made From Animal Fat

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/11/29/not-vegan-friendly-london-ny-jet-liner-is-first-to-cross-atlantic-burning-100-bio-fuel-made-from-animal-fat/

Great Reset: U.N. to Order an End to Meat Eating Because... Climate Change

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/11/29/great-reset-u-n-to-order-an-end-to-meat-eating-because-climate-change/

Alex

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

News today that the king, prime minister and a  minister will take a private jet each to a climate conference (COP28) and staff will also fly by regular services. Where they will discuss global warming and why we shouldn't fly anywhere, while their aeroplanes struggle to keep ice off the control surfaces outside.

It's all a big scam.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on November 30, 2023, 09:01:05 AMNews today that the king, prime minister and a  minister will take a private jet each to a climate conference (COP28) and staff will also fly by regular services. Where they will discuss global warming and why we shouldn't fly anywhere, while their aeroplanes struggle to keep ice off the control surfaces outside.

It's all a big scam.
Absolutely.  Yet I have just heard, on GB News, Sunk stating the usual promise of soon achieving (the impossible) 'nett zero'.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Off to Dubai the home of jollies for the rich. :wtf:
As Greta Thrumberg says, these meetings are all Blah Blah Blah.  :waiting:

ansu

True, but better blah blah blah - than doing nothing and not talking either. We all know that something has to be done with regard to the change in climate, but when we have to contribute something, i.e. give up something we are moaning and our politicians need us to be happy and satisfied with their work otherwise we won't elect them anymore.

Alex

It depends who the blah blah blah is coming from  !! :cool:

JBR

Quote from: Raven on November 30, 2023, 12:45:58 PMOff to Dubai the home of jollies for the rich. :wtf:
As Greta Thrumberg says, these meetings are all Blah Blah Blah.  :waiting:
Just in passing, I can never remember Greta's surname.
I end up referring to her as Greta Thunderbum, which is easier to remember.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

Scrumpy

Quote from: ansu on December 03, 2023, 02:05:29 PMTrue, but better blah blah blah - than doing nothing and not talking either. We all know that something has to be done with regard to the change in climate, but when we have to contribute something, i.e. give up something we are moaning and our politicians need us to be happy and satisfied with their work otherwise we won't elect them anymore.
I agree.. We do not take climate change seriously.. 
We only need to look around us and see the effects of global warming..
Many choose to close their eyes .. they don't want to look.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

The climate has always changed.  It's how much human activity is having an impact that matters.

Raven

Quote from: dextrous63 on December 04, 2023, 09:22:34 AMThe climate has always changed.  It's how much human activity is having an impact that matters.

From what I've heard, The UK is doing it's bit but the big countries like China and The US are not and they are the worst polluters. Untill they get their acts together then not much will change.