Everybody out.. !!!

Started by Scrumpy, November 16, 2023, 09:16:40 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Talk about rats leaving a sinking ship...  Labour MPs are at it now...

Who will be left to run the country.. !!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I'm sure Israel will be waiting with bated breath to hear the Labour party s decision on a ceasefire.  The IDF's next move will depend on it - not !!!!  What IS the point ?

dextrous63

Ashy

It was a waste of parliamentary time. Neither Israel or Hamas will take any notice of their opinion of the King's speech.

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 16, 2023, 09:16:40 AMWho will be left to run the country.. !!!
Same as now. The civil service. From their homes.

JBR

In a way, the mass exodus of MPs from both of the 'main parties' is probably a good thing.

As I have said many times, I intend to vote for Reform and would encourage as many people as possible to do the same.
The fewer people standing for Labour or Conservative may discourage regular voters for those parties from voting for a new unknown who have been shoved in at the last minute.

More likely still, the impression I get now is that both of those parties seem to be losing their supporters all the time, simply because the MPs themselves seem unable to agree with each other and, perhaps even more importantly, both parties' leaders give the impression that neither of them have a clue what to do next!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 16, 2023, 09:16:40 AMTalk about rats leaving a sinking ship...  Labour MPs are at it now...

Who will be left to run the country.. !!!

Just goes to show just how significant the Muslim vote is now and how in some constituencies they now dictate how their MP votes.

In this way Citizen Khan's tenure as London Mayor is assured until he becomes Prime Minister ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

You're correct about Khan, it's very doubtful he'll be ousted next time.

Michael Rolls

and to think that we used to live in London from 1945-1947 - now unrecognisable
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

I used to like a W/E in London, shopping, places of interest to visit, show/concert in the evening.
But by then I was always glad to leave and get back to peace n quiet.

Michael Rolls

trying to remember the last time we went to London - I think it was to see 'The Phantom of the Opera' in the early 90s
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

We used to go quite often.  OH was born there, lots of his ancestry was London based, the East End and Chelsea, but not the rich bit!  Our daughter lived there for several years, and I'd pop down on the train for the odd weekend.  

The last time was just before lockdown, his brother and his wife came from Scotland and joined us for a few days.  We took in a couple of shows and galleries. But we're unlikely to go again.  Sad really.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

My last trip was years ago, I went with a friend and we stayed in her daughter's flat while she was away.  The flat was in Tower Hamlets, now that was an eye opener !