Nigel’s next adventure

Started by GrannyMac, October 30, 2023, 07:44:41 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I don't watch it but from bits I have seen it seems to feature mostly z-listers whose careers are on the rocks desperately seeking a bit of exposure on the telly in the hope it can give them a boost. 

No idea how many are better off after and how many worse off after demeaning themselves feasting on kangaroo todgers and the like.

Raven

Alex

Nigel ,  along with Jacob Rees Mogg has been given shares in GB News, an incentive apparently.  What was surprising is Dan Wootton was given shares he's suspended at the moment so I hope we'll see him return soon.

FT

klondike

I hadn't heard any confirmation so had a search. There is none that I can see but I did find this.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/11/01/nigel-fararge-on-im-a-celebrity-is-a-terrifying-prospect-heres-why-19757336/

The author is no fan of Farage and if his views are in any way indicative of those of the people Nigel has said he hopes to influence I think he is flogging a dead horse and will do himself and his cause far more harm than good.

Stick to a pint, pie and chips Nigel.

Alex

I'd forgotten about the I'm a Celebrity appearance  :grin:
who on earth is Adam Miller ?

dextrous63

Cassandra

Surprised he's even considering? Never mind the million he's alleged to have been offered, perhaps it will re-assure that pinnacle of transparent democracy 'Coutts Bank'. After all its only 9% of the sum trousered by that awful, woke ex chairman of the vegan loving Nat-West 'Dame' Alison West. A woman who has breached the Data Protection Act - without prosecution.

Overall I think it reduces Nigel's gravitas, I certainly won't be watching and it will also influence my subconscious future views upon him too I'm afraid.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

1.5 million... Is believed to be offered..  Good luck to him.. 
There are few who would not take up the offer.. Even if they say they wouldn't..
.. and there are few who would be offered such an amount..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

There's not enough money in the world to entice me to go on a show like that. I can't stand that type of entertainment, give me a good film or series.

klondike

Other than give it away I don't know what I'd do with £1.5m. I guess I'd figure something out though. Be a pauper in Birmingham maybe. :grin:

Won't appen anyway as the only way I'd get it would be on the lottery and I don't bother with that any more.

Alex

I read this morning that more than seven in 10 Tory members want Nigel back in the party ! this was according to some poll or other  :smiley:  He quit in 1992 after John Major signed the Maastricht treaty, that turned out well didn't it ! 

He's joked he could be Tory party leader by 2026, many a true word etc etc ...  ?

klondike

One thing he hasn't done is deny he is off to the jungle. I think they like the participants to be a surprise so take the failure to deny as being a pointer. They do have late entrants but with it starting on 19th he'll surely be taking a break from GBNews after this week in order to get there, acclimatise and over any jet lag.

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on November 06, 2023, 01:23:05 PMI read this morning that more than seven in 10 Tory members want Nigel back in the party ! this was according to some poll or other  :smiley:  He quit in 1992 after John Major signed the Maastricht treaty, that turned out well didn't it ! 

He's joked he could be Tory party leader by 2026, many a true word etc etc ...  ?

I doubt the Globlist/Remainer MP's about 240 of them would want anything to do with him though and until this 'rump' is mutilated in the next Election nothing will change. Fortunately many of these 'May Traitors' have seen the writings on the wall and have announced they won't be standing next time. So the local association chairmen need to select traditional Tories as 'member's elect'. Good luck!

The Party's Over! :worried:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on November 07, 2023, 07:23:23 PMI doubt the Globlist/Remainer MP's about 240 of them would want anything to do with him though and until this 'rump' is mutilated in the next Election nothing will change. Fortunately many of these 'May Traitors' have seen the writings on the wall and have announced they won't be standing next time. So the local association chairmen need to select traditional Tories as 'member's elect'. Good luck!

The Party's Over! :worried:
Perhaps what remain of right-wing politicians could consider trying to form a new political party with those who intend to stand for Reform.

Bliar tried this by changing the name of 'Labour' to 'New Labour' (which of course was actually nothing new!).

A unity of Reform and the right-wing part of the Conservatives could be called... wait for it...
'New Conservative'.

I don't care, as long as whatever forms the next government does something to somehow revert this country to what it was in the previous century, or more precisely, around 1980 to 1990.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire