Britain's Loneliest Sheep

Started by Alex, October 27, 2023, 11:22:50 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

In my youth we didn't read the newspapers.. We just wiped our bums on them..
and ate our fish n' chips in them .
Make of that what you will..  :grin: :grin:
Quote from: dextrous63 on November 06, 2023, 09:36:27 AMYou clearly didn't spend so much of your youth as I did, reading tabloid newspapers.  😬😬
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Ashy on November 06, 2023, 09:01:54 AMHow can a sheep be a spectacle? What nonsense. When you've seen one you've seen them all.
Not necessarlity. I saw one trying to climb up into a bush once. All I could see was a sheep's head through some leaves.

November 06, 2023, 09:55:35 AM
Quote from: Scrumpy on November 06, 2023, 09:41:24 AMIn my youth we didn't read the newspapers.. We just wiped our bums on them..
Dex is a later generation from most here. We were posh and had bog paper. Mind you it was that bloody awful Izal stuff.

dextrous63

Ah.  Izal.  So good for wrapping over a comb and making a tune.

klondike

It's about all it's good for. Surpised you remember it. The separate sheets in school maybe?

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 06, 2023, 09:41:24 AMIn my youth we didn't read the newspapers.. We just wiped our bums on them..
I hope not in that order!
I suspect that it might affect the taste.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

JBR

Quote from: Raven on November 06, 2023, 09:40:30 AMWell, I may be wrong but I think she should be with her own kind. Maybe introduce her to another sheep and see how it goes. If all's well then she could join a small flock.
Yes.  Just let her live out her life with other sheep.  That sounds the best idea.
I don't think that sheep are territorial animals and would reject a new member of the flock.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Quote from: JBR on November 06, 2023, 10:39:41 AMYes.  Just let her live out her life with other sheep.  That sounds the best idea.
I don't think that sheep are territorial animals and would reject a new member of the flock.
seems the best idea
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

Poor girl's probably spent the last three years thinking "The others'll be along in a minute".

dextrous63

Quote from: Ashy on November 06, 2023, 11:39:05 AMPoor girl's probably spent the last three years thinking "The others'll be along in a minute".
I know the feeling 

Raven

She must have been part of a flock at one time. I can't help wondering how she got down there and was ok, the cliffs at Bora are pretty steep and you would not get there without injury of some sorts, even a small one. I wonder if she was stolen from her field and dumped.

Alex

I'm just glad she's been rescued and seems to be taking it all in her stride.
She looks great after her hair cut  :upvote:

dextrous63

Bet she's absolutely freezing now!!

Raven

Got this clip of her rescue, she looks so different now with her coat off. She has such a sweet face, she's lovely.

https://youtu.be/zuAbXxBuo4I?si=7CiyLCL46ZQirC58

Alex