Britain's Loneliest Sheep

Started by Alex, October 27, 2023, 11:22:50 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Have you read about this poor soul ? Hopefully someone will rescue him as he's been stuck on a shingle beach at the bottom of a steep, rocky coastline in somewhere called Brora in Scotland for two years !

Kayakers spotted the animal along the Moray Firth's east Highland coast in 2021. The canoe club took the same journey again recently, to find the animal was still there, looking bedraggled and not in good health at all.

Come on SSPCA  !

Telegraph.

Raven

Yes I was reading it yesterday, poor thing. Hope they get it back where it belongs, if that had been one of ours we have rescued it somehow, even if we'd had to yank it into a boat with us.

Scrumpy

What on earth does he find to eat.. and fresh water to drink.. Shameful..
I hope something will be done very soon.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

I read about it too. I hope it gets help soon.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Rishi Sunaker won't be there of course, because it's clearly a native and not an illegal. If it had of been, it would no doubt have been picked up by the IWTS (Immigrant Water Taxi Service) formerly known as the RNLI and swept off to a private field with running water etc. After of course a full health check by the RSPCA and hospitalisation a period in a five star Rest Home for Goats, or accommodation in a newly nationalised £130k Motor Home.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Quote from: Cassandra on October 28, 2023, 06:41:31 PMRishi Sunaker won't be there of course, because it's clearly a native and not an illegal. If it had of been, it would no doubt have been picked up by the IWTS (Immigrant Water Taxi Service) formerly known as the RNLI and swept off to a private field with running water etc. After of course a full health check by the RSPCA and hospitalisation a period in a five star Rest Home for Goats, or accommodation in a newly nationalised £130k Motor Home.

oooooh Ewe are awful !  :grin:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

😬😬😬😬😬🤣

Mind you, if Brora could be classified as a tax haven, no doubt Rishi would relocate🤭

Scrumpy

Alex

I think the SSPCA is going to leave this poor soul where he is as they can't find the owner.  Are they just thinking of the costs involved in a rescue ? I hope not, the animal desperately needs shearing.   It should be possible to reach it by boat, hopefully some kind organisation will come forward.

Raven

I hope so too OR, it's coat will become too heavy and matted. That will tire it out and stop it's mobility, if for some reason it gets in the water it could drown due to the weight of the wet coat. I wish it was near us, I would make Dunc and his pal Mark (who has a wee boat) go and get it.

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on October 31, 2023, 11:44:55 AMI hope so too OR, it's coat will become too heavy and matted. That will tire it out and stop it's mobility, if for some reason it gets in the water it could drown due to the weight of the wet coat. I wish it was near us, I would make Dunc and his pal Mark (who has a wee boat) go and get it.

Well said I'd do the same. The RSPCA (just another woke organisation it seems) is however remarkably adroit at stepping in and influencing 'Wills"? Idiots what a missed opportunity to gather good favour with it's public, it would have made the News everywhere. In comparison to saving this poor creature from a likely miserable and slow death, what does each grovelling TV ad cost them I wonder? Gen 'Z' management at it's best! I'm writing out my donation to them right now, pending my visit to the great chip shop in the sky and leaving it to our local rescue centre here ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

I do not give to any of these big charities.. Far too many people at the top dipping their fingers in the barrel.. 
 I give to local animal care..