God

Started by dextrous63, October 26, 2023, 03:16:54 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Oh and should have added bought a packet of spangles the next day too with the 'collection' money (6d). That way I got to be the 'real sucker' in the equation.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

dextrous63

That kind of generous spirit towards the poor and needy stood you in good stead for your later career😬🤭🤣🤣

Alex

Spangles, blimey I remember those !  :grin:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on October 28, 2023, 08:40:51 PMSpangles, blimey I remember those !  :grin:
Yep.  They sometimes welded/fused into each other and you has to use your front teeth to separate them.

klondike

Other solutions were possible for greedy sods like me   :grin:

I wondered if they'd just changed names but google he say no but you can get Tunes which are the same shape but not the same thing at all.

dextrous63

Opal fruits got renamed as Chewits, I think.  No idea why.

klondike

Probably globalisation and marketing departments trying to justify their existenced.

Cassandra

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 28, 2023, 07:03:56 PMThat kind of generous spirit towards the poor and needy stood you in good stead for your later career😬🤭🤣🤣

I always remember the verger in 'Dad's Army' taking the 'collection' home to count it!. I once defended a man of the cloth who took cheques in the collection. He explained in court that he eased the pathway to god by allowing the almighty to use him as a conduit towards good intentions (ie they were made out to him)! The beak pronounced quite beautifully upon a guilty judgement of fraud, that in recognition to his good will of merely deducting 90% of each donation as his expenses that he too would reflect such good will by sentencing him to six months in the slammer. He (holy man) blessed the court commenting how "The Almighty moved in mysterious ways, his miracles to move"!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

klondike

Came across this and it reminded me of this thread...

Scrumpy

We , as kids, lived near the church.. Mum sent us to Sunday School..  We had a little book and every Sunday we were given a religious sticker to collect .. When we had the required amount we were allowed to go on the yearly coach trip to the seaside.. 
Talk about bribery..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

MY mum and dad were tired out weekends so they used to go to bed Sunday afternoon and I was sent to Sunday school. They never went to church themselves.