Winter Fuel Allowance

Started by GrannyMac, October 23, 2023, 07:48:33 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

One of my pals stayed in a prefab, I thought it was a fabulous wee house.

GrannyMac

OH stayed in a timbered house, with metal framed, single glazed windows.  I remember them running with water, when we were all crammed in the front room. 

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on December 23, 2023, 04:10:44 PMCan't believe you've had your dosh and didn't notice klondike!  😳
Not can I. Now I feel skint as I was still expecting it to come.

The account it goes into just get used for money in and paying DDs. I transfer any excess into the account I use for spendings and savings and somehow didn't see the payment or realise there was more in there than I expected at the time.

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on December 23, 2023, 05:46:20 PMOne of my pals stayed in a prefab, I thought it was a fabulous wee house.

Made with Asbestos sheets! :yell: I remember a friend from Blackheath (London SE3) living in one in the early 60's, it was a cosy 'with it', little detached bungalow. There's still a few of the later ones left. They were made with Aluminium and are now Grade ii listed ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

I had a friend who lived in one. I think they were council houses. Not sure how cosy they were. Those ones were all knocked down a while back and small bricks and mortar bungalows put up. I assume they were for the elderly at the time.

Raven

I was still at school when I used to go to my friends prefab sometimes. I didn't know about metal windows, condensation, or asbestos, I just thought it was such a lovely wee place.
We were still living in Balhousie Castles Dower House at the time and it was huge, cold and echoie. You could have picked up the prefab and placed it in our front drawing room and hall, and there would have still been space all around it. :shh: